Monday, March 10, 2008

Twenty

Edit: Scott, Six Foot next year is a possibility for me. I return from Aconcagua about 2 weeks before the race. So while I will be extremely fit, there is also the possibility that I will be completely shattered/exhausted. Of course there is also the fact that I won't have run much in the lead up to the event - but hey, I haven't let that stop me before ;-) I'll make a decision on my return from Aconcagua.

Friday - (scheduled) rest day

Saturday
8am: 10mins walk + 40mins run (6.14k) + 10mins walk >70% MHR
Run went well. Very comfortable. I am however getting very bored of running on road/hard surfaces. About time I made a return to my spiritual home - trails :-)

11am - 1.7k swim in 16 x 50m on 1.30 alternating freestyle with either breaststroke or backstroke. The freestyle & breaststroke were very comfortable on 1.30; easily 30sec rest on each. The backstroke laps were another story. Still, I'm pretty pleased with my breaststroke. Probably the first time I've done 50m of breaststroke since I was a kid - and it was almost as fast as my freestyle! Maybe I could breaststroke my way through my next tri....

Sunday - unscheduled rest day. I was supposed to do a long ride. But after taking full advantage of the buffet breakfast and late check out at the Hilton (where we stayed after the gorgeous wedding on Saturday night) we ended up spending the afternoon curled on the couch watching a vid. Nice :-D

Monday
5am: 30mins run (4.51k).
Slightly hilly loop of the hood. Leg strength is good - cardio fitness needs some work.

11am: tough 60min PT sesssion. Leg strength & cardio fitness both got a big workout -
- 5mins w/u

- 3 x supersets of:
(a) 20 x dead lifts (20kg DB)

(b) 20 x single leg step-ups with 10kg plate (including either a
shoulder press with the plate while standing - on one foot - on the step
or holding the plate to my chest when my arms were at risk of falling
off). These were to be done as quickly as possible, while maintaining
balance, to get my heart rate up. It worked.

- 3 sets of 10 x front squats (w?)

- 10 x single leg raises

- stretching.

MTD: S - 3.5k + B - 27.55k + R - 25.24k
* long rides & races only

4 comments:

Hamburglar said...

Sounds like a good weekend.

We missed you at sixfoot.

undercover brother said...

what burglar said!
another mountaineering article in the press - one of the sydney sunday papers.
not sure if u caught it.

Ewen said...

Yes, patent the "Jen_runs no long runs Six Foot plan". It's a good one.

It'd be good to see you there next year. After Aconcagua, Six Foot will seem dead flat.

Anonymous said...

one word: Trailwalker?
-From NTR-