Thursday, May 22, 2008

Finally, she moves :-)

It's a good thing that I had just started on a rather voluminous (and, as it turns out, great) book just before I got sick. So much time spent sitting on my butt over the last 8 days means that I've almost finished it :-)

Yesterday I got the ok from Coach TA to start moving again provided that my cough doesn't worsen. I'm still not 100% but getting there.

So I headed back into the gym today for an easy 60mins strength session with the PT. He took it easy on me; light weights - lots of breaks between sets etc:
- 5mins bike w/u
- lunge + single arm row on cable machine w/front foot on disk
- squats on upturned bosu
- squat + row on upturned bosu
- lunge + bicep curl w/ front foot on upturned bosu
- squat + row on upturned bosu
- full pushups on upturned bosu
- core + stretching

And other stuff I can't recall right now. Another rest day tomorrow before a short run & shortish hike (fingers crossed!) on the weekend.

7 comments:

Tesso said...

Jen, I am convinced you were some crazy adventurer in a past life. Hmmm, not that much different to how you are now :)

Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Lulu said...

Glad to hear you are better. I feel so out of touch when I realise that I didn't even know you were sick!

Must, must, must catch up soon!!

Ewen said...

Glad you're feeling better and that TA has given you the all-clear. Plenty of time to get ready for Bush Capital :)

Ice climbing! Doesn't it get cold doing that?

Hamburglar said...

Jen I went and saw a great film festival last Thursday - I should have invited you - you would have loved it. Have a look at the movies I saw - http://www.paddybanff08.com.au/

Base jumping, mountain biking, rock climbing etc.

strewth said...

So glad you are feeling better at last. Thank you for the birthday wishes. Do hope you'll be here for the Bush Capital but hopefully we'll catch up before then!

undercover brother said...

pleased to hear things are improving.
i like that guys hair!
pleased to hear about the seven summits mother-daughter team.

oh yeah thanks for the tip on the banff thing too burglar!

Fe-lady said...

Glad you are feeling better! Bronchitis is just awful!
Thanks for the e-mail (again!) :-)