..to begin to think that I could get through a whole two weeks doing every single session, when planned, on the program (which I haven't achieved in the last 6 months), I started coming down yesterday with a chest cold. Clearly I don't have - and am yet to develop - the immunity that most parents or those who spend lots of time with kids seem to develop over the years....Grrrr.
Monday
Rest day :-)
Tuesday
AM - 51mins walk w/16kg pack (incl 4 x Penrith station stairs) - 4.65k - av. 129BPM
Had to improvise this session. I was supposed to walk to the station but (a) they are too far from home and (b) I would have to pass through a commercial/industrial which is not well lit. So instead I drove to the station, did a small loop through the centre of Penrith, did my stair repeats & walked back to the car via the loop again. I find it amazing that 16kg now feels reasonably comfortable; it wasn't that long ago that 10kg felt heavy :-)
PM - massage
Wednesday
AM - 41min bike session incl. 5 x 4min efforts @ 85-90%
Ouchy. Worked up a very healthy "glow" ;-)
No run or PT session today - although I will probably do some glute / core work a bit later. So today & tomorrow are rest days before a big - or should that be long - weekend....
2 comments:
Suffering with chesty colds at the moment myself, so I feel for you. Just a quick note to let you know my blog has found a new (and hopefully final) home - http://runsparkierun.com/
Once uni settles down, I am hoping to be a bit more social - hopefully I will catch you guys soon.
Cheers
Sparkie
Hey Jen,
While I'm healthy at the moment (touch wood) I can so relate to a lack developed immunity and sudden exposure to children.
Day care, my friend, is a veritable pot pourri of bacteria and viruses.
You're commuting aren't you? I reckon the trains are the place to pick up an unwanted virus.
Cheers,
Ben
Post a Comment