Headed down to the doc this morning to get a medical certificate. I don't think I've ever taken two days off work in a row. His verdict is bronchitis. He actually joked that I'd either be better by Monday or I'll have pneumonia. I didn't think it was particularly funny.
I was supposed to a 60k overnight hike with WWoT this weekend. Three weeks out from K2K the timing was perfect. Instead, I'm under instructions from Coach TA to have total rest at least a full week. The sensible - and right - option I know, but that doesn't make it any easier to accept or any less frustrating right now...
8 comments:
That was me a few weeks ago.
((((((hugs))))))))
Thanks for your tip on the high heels by the way, I've switched to ballet flats. ;-p
Bugger! Poor Jen - great big hugs and huge amounts of sympathy go your way. Take the doc's advice and GET WELL SOON. Keep warm and be glad you don't live in Canberra this weekend as the temp here is going to drop down, down, down!!!
That's nothing. I usually get Bronchial asthma when I am sick. Hope it passes quick and you can get back hiking. And my foot is sore.
Bummer Jen. I was really looking forward to hearing about your hike. All the best for a speedy recovery.
Get well soon J(e)n!
Go easy with the cheering at SMH tomorrow, and keep listening to your very sensible coach :)
What a pain! I hope you feel better soon!
Sorry to hear this Jen. Although it is counter intuitive, I've heard that when you get really fit you are more susceptibe to getting thinks like this. Anyway you should be fit enough to knock it on the head relatively fast.
Takecare.
doctors are bastards.
get well soon.
stay at home and watch mountaineering shows on telly :)
Post a Comment