The program said that this would be an 'easier week'. But for the first time in about a month, I managed to do all of my sessions - meaning I've done more exercise this week than in any other recently. So much for that easy week ;-)
Mon: another 1k swim at lunch, this time as 2 x 500m. I feel much more comfortable in the water now though my technique is, I'm sure, pretty ordinary. Time to sort that out.
Tue:
(AM) easy 40min bike session including 3 x 30sec single leg drills which was a rather eye opening experience. There is a serious dead spot at the top of the stroke of my right leg which (also) needs sorting out.
PM: running drills
Wed: strength session before work. Unfortunately I ran out of time to do my core work :-( A good session despite far too much (sensational) gourmet pizza & too little sleep last night.
Thu: rest + running drills + WildEndurance awards night! It was a great night; catching up with team 'Happy Feet' and a few of my favourite CRs and Wild Women. Team 'Happy Feet' was awarded its bag of goodies for our 2nd placing in the 50k relay which we later divied up on the floor of the pub. Yes, we are a classy lot ;-) I was lucky enough to walk away with, amongst other things, a small torch, a $100 gift voucher for LineBreak gear and a $50 voucher for Mountain Equipment gear which is my fav brand for mountaineering stuff. Happy days :-)
Fri: rest
Sat: (AM): Provided I keep my ankle strapped, I am allowed to start running again :-) I was supposed to start on grass (before progressing to the tready and then to the road in future weeks). But all the rain in Sydney this week meant that my walk/run was more likely to turn into a swim. So I headed to the gym & did the session on the tready instead: 5min w/u on the bike, 10min walk then 5 x 30sec run (with a 1min walk recovery). Followed it up by my usual (superset) strength + core session before coming home to ice my foot as per the physio's instructions. There has been no complaints from my ankle so it looks like comeback no. 450,001 has begun ;-)
Sun: While R took himself off to run at SMC, laziness saw me do my 75min long ride on the trainer in the garage. Time passed very quickly as I listed to a podcast interview with Mark Allen on the iPod.
I hinted last week at a change in focus. I had previously mentioned here that I was intending to do Six Foot next year. But I am just so sick of breaking down & not competing in events that I have set my sights on. So I have decided to take my time, work towards my goal of perfect structural condition & build up to it slowly; a revolutionary idea for me I know ;-) So, as you may have guessed, the focus for the next 18 months or so will be on tris. Rather nervous about it; after my long ride last week, I got off the bike & thought 'my god, how on earth am I ever going to run 10km after that ride!'. But I know I can & will :-) Bring it on - do your best TA :-)
MTD:
Swim: 3k
Bike: 97.09k (excl indoor)
6 comments:
Good stuff Jen. Certainly not the easy road, but you don't often seem to take that one. Stil would love to see a fast 10k from you at some stage to see how much fitness all the walking gave you.
Cheers!
Yay Jen - you go girl - you'll be doing an Ironman one of these days!
Good news about the ankle Jen!
Six Foot is a good training run for an IM :)
When you're in perfect structural condition it'll be a snack to run 6' on tri training. Remember the no long run training plan?
tri's? thats ok i forgive you :p
well done again to team happy feet!
all gear is cool.
Post a Comment