It's been a strange week. I'm slowly settling into a return to full time employment for the first time in about 8 months. I'm actually balancing 2 jobs at the moment; what can I say, I'm in demand ;-) But needless to say, it's taking some getting used to.
I delivered myself a swift uppercut this week for a couple of reasons including that I have been really hard on myself in the last few weeks in relation to the training that I have missed as I adjust to my 'new reality'. I also for some reason - rather stoopidly - was feeling like I had 'missed the boat' regarding my training for the next tri season. Only to realise of course that the off-season has only just started; the season doesn't actually start until September. Duh!
A few sessions missed this week but I did more than last week so at least I'm going in the right direction ;-)
Mon: swam 1km at lunch. My first swim in about 14 months (!). It was slow - about 25mins excluding a few rest stops - and very, very ugly. Let's just say I've got alot of work to do.
Tue / Thu: running drills
Sat: 2:12 long ride with R in Canberra. It turned into a coffee & lunch ride; after 105mins, we stopped to watch one of the Mango nieces play soccer & then had lunch with the extended Mango clan before riding home (48.13k). After a quick shower, I headed out (driving this time) to catch up with CJ, Strewth & Ewan for coffee & afternoon tea - was great to see you all!
Sun: rest + running drills while R was running the Mothers Day Classic in a gorgeous autumn morning in Canberra.
Looking forward to a bit more consistency in my training this week as the off-season continues :-)
5 comments:
Good to see you too! Can't Canberra lay on perfect weather :)
Nice race from R on Sunday - times like that are a distant memory.
It was awesome to see you and catch up after all this time Jen. Well done to R on his race and do keep in touch - good coffee, good friends, good company and good weather - makes for a fantastic afternoon. :)
From recent experience, the swimming comes back pretty quickly. The first two sessions are shockers and then you get back to normal.
Canberra in the Autumn is great. I swear I need to live down there for a while to get it out of my system.
Uppercuts are ok - just make sure there is no right cross to follow & you will be back in the fight in no time :)
Swimming is silly ;p
2 jobs is 2 too many ;)
welcome back to the land of employment :)
btw 2p is right about swimming :p
Post a Comment