Sunday, December 20, 2009

Restless....

I was very restless, particularly early in the week, due to a combination of frustration at my work, study & business situation as well as a return of my mojo. I certainly was inspired by watching the Canberra HIM last weekend; I sat down this week & started working on an outline of my race calendar for 2010. I haven't done that in years. Not only because I have been injured in recent years (or have had my focus on other things, eg climbing) but due to the frustration I have felt so many times as a result of planning a season but then not being able to achieve any of it due to injury. I'm almost too scared to think about it lest I jinx myself... Fingers crossed.

Mon: swim squad & again I have no idea of the distance because I loose count & forget what we did. So let's just go with 2.5km. 800m with paddles & 800m kick. Ouchy.

Tue: rest

Wed: strength session in the gym at work before work, focusing particularly on my pilates exercises. Then in the evening, I headed back to the Regatta Centre for the last night of the cycling program run by the Penrith Cycling Club. Started the night by spending about 40mins doing bunch rides around the Regatta Centre & then headed into one of the rooms for some nibblies & soft drinks, to re-cap what we had covered & to speak about the races conducted by the club. It looks like the program will continue in late January with a view to getting us up to the point of being able to join bunch races. 20.3k

Thu: 2.5km swim at the pool at work during lunch. A really god session; I felt like I was moving well through the water :-)

Fri: 30mins pilates

Yet despite my restlessness after last weekend’s race, I managed to brush both Saturday’s swim & Sunday’s ride :-) Late nights on both Friday night (CR drinks in the city) and Saturday night (dinner at Chez Lulu & WTR) meant that sleep was a much greater priority than training. I can’t remember the last time I did that; it must have been months (if not years) ago. Nice way to start an (extended) recovery week :-)

In other news, we picked up our wedding photos from our photographer on Saturday. It’s going to take a while before I can cull down the 850+ photos to a ‘highlights reel’…

MTD:
Swim - 13.6k
Bike - 143.1k

No comments: