Thursday, January 21, 2010

3, 2, 1....

A recovery / taper week ahead of the big race (my goal race for the season) this Sunday.

Mon: 30mins pilates before work & then 3km at swim squad. Felt terrible in the water for most of the session. The green frog that I ate minutes before the session started only kicked in with about 30mins to go. Why do you always have cr*p sessions which mess with your head & dent your confidence in the week leading up to your key race for the season? Don't answer that. A rhetorical question; I know the answer of course but still...

Tue: 30min pilates before work; otherwise a rest day. Oh, and my first ever blood donation!

Wed: AM: 2.3kms swim at 6am at the pool at work including 3 x 500m at race pace; my splits 10.33, 10.27, 10.26. I'm not sure whether those times are a sign that I'm pacing myself consistently or that I only have one speed. While it's probably closer to the latter, I'm going with the former. Pilates in the evening.

Thu: an easy 30min bike on the trainer in the garage at 5am (10.7k) followed by 30min pilates before work.

Tomorrow morning (Friday) will be an easy 1km swim down at the Regatta Centre during the club's open water swim & then that's it til the race on Sunday. I only hope my lovely hubby is up for the sub-40min 10k I know that he is capable of ;-) Strangely, despite the fact that it's my 'goal race' for the season, I can’t say that I’m particularly excited about the race day; I'm actually more looking forward to catching up with friends. Stay tuned for the race report...

MTD:
Swim: 18.95km
Bike: 158.5km

4 comments:

Cirque said...

Good luck for you and R for the race Jen!

Superflake said...

Good Luck Jen.

Hamburglar said...

Have fun

Ewen said...

Looking forward to the pre-race report this afternoon :)