Sunday, January 17, 2010

Another week closer...

Mon: the first night of swim squad for the year. And what a session, including 500m of sprint kicking with fins (10 x 50m on 1.15) followed by 18 x 100m (on 2.15, 2.10 & 2.05). Hooly. Dooly. 3.15k

Tue: rest :-)

Wed: Pilates (60mins)

Thu: a double day due to an inability to get out of bed on Wed morning after a particularly horrid's nights sleep. 64min bike (interval) session at 5am (23.7k) & then at lunch a 2.3km swim including another 10 x 100m (on 2.20s). If I don't swim another 100m for a week, I'll be happy ;-)

Fri: 1.5km swim at the Regatta Centre at 6am at the club's weekly open water swim. My shoulders were very fatigued after yesterday's swim. About 32min in total (including the wetsuit factor & a few stops to check on how the Mini Mango was going).

Sat: rather than my usual strength session, I was a 'guinea pig' for myself; experimenting with a series of functional movement exercises from a DVD I recently ordered (30min). I started with the Level 1 exercises today. No weights were involved. Just subtle exercises & movement patterns designed to improve ROM and function. It reminded me that body weight & gravity is often under-rated ;-)

Sun: long ride again today & my first ride since Boxing Day on my lonesome :-( I had 2 x 10min @ race pace in the 2hr ride so I stuck to the Northern Road as it is the closest, and most convenient place to do it. I'm glad I started at 7am; it was rather hot by the time I finished. 46.3km. 1:57. Av.23.5k/h. Dropped the bike in for a service afterwards as I have a slightly grumpy rear derailler at the moment.

Plus approx. 30mins of pilates each day (except Wednesday).

Ready for the race next week; well, as ready as I'm going to be. Recovery & taper this week before heading to Canberra on Sunday. Hopefully we can actually enter. The entry system isn't accepting team entries for some reason that the race organisers are unable to work out....

MTD:
Swim: 13.65km
Bike: 147.8km

2 comments:

Shane said...

Wow, going great Jen! Good luck at Canberra hopefully it wont be hot or windy like it has been over the last fortnight.

Ewen said...

Yes, hope you can enter! A training/coffee weekend otherwise ;) Don't forget to pack the arm-warmers - it's bloody freezing today.