Saturday, June 19, 2010

Recovery (apparently)...

After Monday's big ride, the rest of this week has been a recovery week (from training). If only I could have a recovery week from work I might actually recover!

Tue: massage + (scheduled) rest day

Wed: worked until midnight so no AM session. Instead I headed to the gym at work at lunch for a short strength session.

Thu: (unscheduled) rest. Worked until 1:30am on Wed night. Blah.

Fri: 1hr pilates with Carly in the AM.

Sat: thanks to 9.5 hrs sleep, I woke feeling human for the first time since Monday. Headed out on my 3 hr ride on my lonesome which started with Chain O Ponds Rd (the local version of Port Mac's Matthew Flinders Drive) and finished with some time on the M4 with plenty of time on dead roads in between. Finished with 72.6k in 3:09 (av. 23k/h). Funny to think that a 70km ride is my long ride on my recovery week.

After some stretching, food, rest & a shower, I headed to the pool to catch up on the mid-week swim I had missed due to work. A relatively easy 1.8km in the pool rounded out the day (and week for that matter).

Tomorrow (Sunday) is a (scheduled) rest day which I'm spending doing my CPR refresher starting at 8.30am before spending the day catching up on some much needed (and neglected) study.

MTD:
Swim - 6.05km
Bike - 375.9km

3 comments:

Ewen said...

1.30am at work doesn't quite go with a hard early morning session! The candle is burning on one end, but you're doing a good job of keeping it smoldering on the other.

Eagle said...

Jen
They are some seriously late work hours. Glad that you are training as much as you can.

Shane said...

I thought I was working hard lately nothing compared to yourself. WOW!!!
I bet that massage would of went down a little better after those long hours. Keep up the hard work.