Sunday, October 31, 2010

12...

Ewen, the ViPR I suspect is also very useful for creating holes in ceilings. No I havent done it yet but I have come close a few times ;-)

Mon: I fought a close battle with the doona monster when the alarm went off at 5am but I eventually defeated it - just ;-) R & I got up & did a 43mins Spinverals DVD on the windtrainer in the garage which R 'found' on the interweb called 'No Slackers Allowed'. It must have been one of the first they made; the fluro steel bikes and mullets circa-1980 helped to distract me from the pain in my legs! BTW if you get a chance, ask R how he went during the high cadence sprints. Let me give you a hint; 'ka-boom' :-D 17.1km

After work, I made it out of the office - just - in time to get to swim squad. 2.9km later & I was one sleepy gal.

Tue: spent 5mins in the sun in the morning playing with ViPR trying to mobilise my thoracic spine & keep my shoulders happy after swim squad last night, otherwise rest.

Wed: 60mins pilates w/ Carly in the morning.

Thu: had to cancel a massage with Tigger due to a meeting at work - which, in turn, got cancelled on Wednesday evening (of course!) - so instead I headed to the gym for a 40mins strength session. I lurve strength training. I love it more than anything else I do including all that triathlon-related 'cardio' stuff. It's a shame there aren't more days in the week to do more of it :-(

Fri: dragged myself out of bed for a walk/shuffle. Let's just say that I should have stayed there. I ran a total of about 7mins and then walked home close to tears. In a very bad head space at the moment in terms of my running, how slowly it is progressing & frustration at my body. Got home & investigated the date by which I need to withdraw from the HIM/70.3 race next May (28 February 2011 is the answer to that question). 35mins in total. Then a 2km swim in the pool at work during lunch.

Sat: 80min ride out & back towards Richmond on a gorgeous spring day. Only downside to this ride was that I came very close to being a hood ornament on a Holden Commodore. It was a mistake on the driver's part; he didn't see me. I think he was more shaken up by it than I was. Finished w/ 31.6km. Av. 23.8k/h Followed it up with 10mins playing w/ my ViPR in the garage & then 30mins of stretching & SMR.

Sun: a bad night sleep thanks to a tooth ache :-( so I dragged myself out of bed when the alarm went off at stoopid-o'clock so I could meet Sue at Hornsby at 7.30am for a 3.5 hour ride. None of our rides seem to be uneventful of late. Today it was an overturned car at the top of Brooklyn Hill near Pie In The Sky and not much later Sue exerted so much force after a brief stop that she broke a spoke on her back wheel. Thankfully 2 very kind gentlemen came to our rescue & fixed it for us which allowed us to continue our ride up to discover the cafe at Mt White & return to Hornsby. Finished w/ 69.7km. Av. 22.0k/h in 3:09. I am very nervous about how much work I have to do over the next 12 weeks so it was nice to have a solid start :-)

Next week brings a recovery week after my first solid block of training since Yeppoon. My tooth ache this evening - possibly a wisdom tooth misbehaving - is my only real concern right now. I'm doped up to the eyes on Nurofen Plus this evening. The red wine chaser is also helping ;-) Hopefully it won't interrupt my training too much over the next little while. Fingers crossed!

End of month:
Swim: 17.2km
Bike: 336.3km

2 comments:

Ewen said...

Hope the tooth settles down.

I thought of some new uses: Defending yourself against intruders (either by bashing them or deflecting bullets), and as a roller when moving pianos.

Barbie said...

Ouch with the tooth. Hopefully it's settled. I will keep my fingers and toes crossed that you are standing beside me at next year's 70.3. I am thinking of doing Yeppoon next year.