Sunday, October 10, 2010

15...

A huge week in many ways, not least because my Certificate IV in Fitness (Personal Training) arrived in the mail. Gee, you can get anything off the back of a Weetbix box these days... ;-)

(Public holiday) Monday: as it was raining (again/still), I decided to skip a windtrainer session in the garage & go to my spiritual home instead; the gym. I have changed the way I'm doing my strength work at the moment in order to gain as much strength as I can over the next 10 weeks (in the hope I can convert it to power in the weeks that follow so I can get up those mountains in Vic in December & January a tad easier)...

Tue: up at 5am early for another 40mins walk/shuffle, a 2.6km swim at lunch & a 7 hour meeting at work which ended at 10pm made for a long day

Wed: 60mins pilates w/ Carly (& another long day at work on no more than 5 hours sleep - nasty!)

Thu: a very sweaty 65min bike session on the windtrainer in the garage after a whole 8 hours sleep; what a luxury! 27.5km (av. 25.1k/h)

Fri: another 40mins walk/shuffle, very humid in the mornings at the moment. Another 2.6km swim at lunch & another slightly grumpy shoulder; this time my right shoulder - the good one. Swimming clearly doesn't agree with my shoulders. Or more to the point, it doesn't agree with the shoulders of someone who spends so many hours, slumped, I mean seated at a computer ;-)
Sat: I spent Saturday doing a ViPR Master Trainer certification course which basically consisted of getting my HR up whilst throwing the ViPR around a large room; needless to say lots of fun! The ViPR is an amazing tool for functional strength and mobility; can't wait to torture myself - and my prospective clients - with it ;-)

Sun: Kona baby! With the Hawaii Ironman on this morning and a Team PIS member racing, there was no way I was heading out for a ride. Besides it was raining & I was spending the day caring for my nan who has Parkinsons. So I watched the coverage from Kona, ate Tim Tams and did some study instead :-)

MTD:
Swim: 7.7km
Bike: 60.55km

2 comments:

Ewen said...

That makes it official!

Good to see the walk/shuffles gaining momentum. Also pleasing to see the Aussies do the double at Kona.

Bernadette Gregory said...

Yay.... Cert IV. Now looking forward to hearing about your PT adventures.