Sunday, March 12, 2006

A 6ft hangover

What an incredible day yesterday was. Unfortunately I've woken up this morning (Sunday) with a nasty head cold and am feeling pretty bloody ordinary right now so I can't be bothered writing a long post....

Saturday

Spent Saturday cheering at the Six Foot Track marathon which is a 45kms race through the Blue Mountains west of Sydney and is generally considered Australia's toughest marathon.

Friday night I left work and headed to my folks place at Penriff - at the base of the Blue Mountains - so it was only an easy 50min drive to the start on Saturday morning.

I arrived at the start at about 7am and caught up my fellow cheerleaders Lulu, Go Girl (with Go Baby in tow) and The Owl. After chatting to a few people, we saw the runners head off and then headed to Blackheath for breakfast - fruit toast and coffee, yum! After that, it was back in the car for a convoy to the finish at Jenolan Caves which trip took close to an hour, arriving with about 30mins to spare before the winner came in, and caught up with a group of Striders-girls who were also acting as cheerleaders for the day.

An incredible day - I can't begin to explain the atmosphere at the finish line. There is something about watching people (particularly those you know) achieving their goals and dreams which never ceases to inspire me. I got goose-bumps a number of times during the afternoon, particularly when 2p crossed the line so strongly after a nasty battle with his ITB in recent weeks.

This quote which I recently read I think sums up the amazing performances that I saw yesterday:

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE TO A WILLING HEART

You can do anything in this world you want to do, but you must want to do it badly enough.

You really can have everything you want, if you go after it. You have to want it. The first ingredient of success is desire. Your desire for success must be so strong within you that it's the very breath of your life. It must be your first thought when you wake in the morning, and your last thought when you go to bed at night.

You can be whatever you make up your mind to be. What's in your mind is all that counts!

I have put this quote in my diary. Yesterday has only fueled my desire to achieve my goals this year. I have got a lot of work to do but BRING IT ON!

Sunday

Head cold + rest for TPC after lots of standing & walking up and down hills yesterday = rest day.

Hopefully this head cold is only a short one - After watching the amazing performances of so many of my friends yesterday, I've had one major dose of motiviation to recover from this injury and get on with it myself:
Monday: weights with Satan
Tuesday: run (15mins) + massage
Wednesday: weights
Thursday: run (20mins)
Friday: swim (40mins)
Saturday: rest
Sunday: run (17.30mins)

So much for my short post!

11 comments:

strewth said...

I love those quotes and I'm going to copy and paste them too! What a fantastic atmosphere there must have been yesterday. It would have been great to be cheering all those amazing people and I'm sure they appreciated your support. Stay motivated and good luck with your big come-back!

strewth said...

I love those quotes and I'm going to copy and paste them too! What a fantastic atmosphere there must have been yesterday. It would have been great to be cheering all those amazing people and I'm sure they appreciated your support. Stay motivated and good luck with your big come-back!

Wobbly man said...

Great job on the pom poms once again Jen! Sounds like I should pay a visit to 6ft one day...

Hilda said...

I'm almost crying, how wonderful experience, to be at the finish line and watch 2P!!!!

Yes, we can!!

I am copying that on my diary too!

Gronk said...

Sounds like a cheerleading course PB there Jen. Well done. :)

Tesso said...

Your cheerleading inpsires us all too Jen :-)

Lulu said...

Another fine day's work on the cheerleading and it was lovely spending the day with you too. I have no doubt you'll be back doing our weekend runs in no time. Take it easy and look after your cold.

Dave said...

Great to see you out supporting everyone Jen. Keep the battle up against TPC, I am sure you will prevail and achieve your goals. Looking forward to seeing it happen!

2P said...

Hey Jen - thank you soooooo much for your support and encouragement over the last couple of weeks.

I am certain you can live up to and whoop that quote. TPC you are history baby!

Take care mate and get better soon ;-)

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to that photo Jen!

Ewen said...

Thanks for the cheer squad Jen - they inspired me to run that last little bit.

Glad you're back running. :)