Friday, March 10, 2006

'Twas the night before 6ft & all through the house....

not a creature was stirring; except for Jen_runs :-)

It's the night before 6ft* and I am excited :-) I love 6ft - and I say that as a spectator, volunteer (last year) and cheersquad member! It's 10pm and I should be in bed - I need to be in the car by 6am tomorrow to head up to cheer on all my friends and some fellow bloggers but here I am; at the computer, faithfully blogging my adventures! And yes, the camera is packed and there will be photos!

Anyhoo let's talk about my exercise for a moment:

Activity: weights
Time: 1.30pm
Duration: 40mins

I managed to escape the office (just) around lunchtime today to head to the gym. My shoe saga continues - today, I got in the lift, went down 18 levels, walked through the building, turned right and started walking down the street and got about 30m before I remembered that I had forgotten to pick up my shoes which were still in my office. D'uh! So back I went back to the office to get my shoes and made the mistake of checking my emails - 30mins and 2 urgent emails lately, I finally escaped the office and made it to the gym.

I wanted to do a lower body session but given yesterday's run and massage, I figured my legs needed a recovery day so another upper body session it was:
* reverse dumbbell flyes;
* single arm cable rows;
* barbell bicep curls;
* single arm lying tricep extensions;
* lat pulldowns;
* internal/external rotator cuff stuff,
repeated twice - the same session as Monday. I had a couple of urgent things sitting on my desk so I didn't have much time to be inventive. Nonetheless, a tough session - I increased the weight on both the bicep curls and lat pulldowns and completed almost full sets on the new weights- happy days!

Off to bed now - full 6ft report to follow tomorrow!

* for those who don't know about the mystique & magic that is 6ft, you'll have to wait another day - I'll fill you in tomorrow :-)

Edit: DGC - I'll take my camera next time and get a photo for you :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to the photos Jen!!

CJ said...

Looking forward to the report Jen. Should get me excited for next year when I give it a go!

Don Juan said...

Thanks for the comment.
Only 364 days left to prepare for 6 foot.