Portrunr: unfortunately no Sydney to the Gong ride for me this year due to family commitments.
Another easy/recovery (read: lazy) week
Wednesday 27 Sept - weights with Satan
Probably my worst ever session with Satan. I joked with her that I had been the victim of bodysnatching because I didn't recognise the weakling that had been left behind. Everything felt like an effort. Not saying that push-ups (on my toes) are a walk in the park but I really stuggled tonight which is very unusual for me - a circuit of
* lunges with single arm shoulder press with 5kg or 6kg dumbbell (opposite arm to front leg);
* push-ups;
* a core exercise - god knows what its called but basically starting on all fours but with the tops of your feet resting on the ball then rolling on into push-up position with straight legs before coming back down;
* adductor exercise using the swiss ball,
repeated 3 times. Crap session.
Thursday 28 Sept - back on the bike
I woke up feeling much better than I have for the last few days. I took it pretty easy after the last week or so but I felt really good throughout:
5min warm up
5 x 4mins hard/2min recovery
5mins cool down
Total: 40mins
I had 1/2 a protein bar & bottle of water on the way home last night after my session with Satan which seems to have made a difference.
Feeling very flat tonight (Friday) after an emotional afternoon. I've been on such an emotional rollercoaster in recent weeks. But tomorrow morning its time to pull my finger out after a lazy 2 weeks & get back into my training again...
2 comments:
IT is amazing how much stress affects our workouts (among other things.) At least you were able to get a session in. Hang in there.
Have a good weekend Jen. Take it easy. You will be flying sometime.
Post a Comment