Saturday 9 September
Unfortunately no rock climbing today as my climbing partner had to head out of town for the weekend. So after a sleep in, I did an LSD ride on the windtrainer on a very wet Saturday morning. I didn't mind the terrible weather in Sydney today – for once this week, I didn’t have to go out in it!
Just over an hour on the bike (at an AHR of 68%) while watching The World’s Fastest Indian. If you haven’t seen it, do yourself a favour & see it. I got goosebumps my Anthony Hopkins character referred to my favourite quote.
Sunday 10 September
I was really looking forward to today. It has been sooooo long (far too long) since I met my great friends Owly & Ellie (try saying that 5 times quickly) for a long run followed by the obligatory breakfast of course!
I met the girls at 7.30am on the Bay. I must admit to being a bit nervous about this run. I haven't spent very much time running on hard surfaces lately & was a bit concerned that 16kms around the Bay might not be the best idea. We started out for a lap of the Bay + canal. Ellie set a cracking pace and is all ready to crack the magical 2hr-barrier during her HM debut next weekend. An hour of running, gossiping & laughing later, we dropped Ellie back at the cars (as she only had an hour on the program) & Owly & I continued on. I had planned to do another lap of the Bay (minus the canal) to give me a total of 16kms for the morning. Owly only had 90mins on the program so she decided to run with me for 15mins before turning around & heading back to the cars.
At about this time, the tightness in my left lower leg (my ‘usual’ problem) started to cause some tightness & tenderness on my shin. So I decided to cut my run short (only 3kms short it turned out) & turned around & headed back to the car with Owly. About 30sec later the rain came down. Horizontally. And it was bloody cold! About this time, all I could think about was how good my first coffee was going to taste. And it was.
I finished with 13.18kms in 1:28:45mins (aver 6:44min/km) & apart from the tenderness which started to creep into my shin (but quickly went after a stretch) I felt really good. Where possible, I ran on the grass besides the path & it seems to have worked. My legs didn't (and still don't) feel at all beaten up! Thanks to the girls for their wonderful company during the run & over breakfast :-)
Luckily my day started so well – I got home to discover that in the 10 days since I bought my car, someone shit has stolen my front number plate! Some people really need to get a life. Or go for a run.
MTD: 32.82
This week - after a slow start, I'm now back to 100%!
3 x runs (total 27.7kms)
2 x rides (1 interval + 1 LSD)
1 x weights session with Satan
1 x GRC pilates class
The week ahead -
Monday
AM: 30mins recovery/easy ride (in lieu of a swim around the local oval)
PM: weights with Satan
Tuesday:
AM: bike interval session
PM: massage
Wednesday
AM: run 45mins
PM: Pilates
Thursday
Rest
Friday
AM: run 47mins
PM: yoga or pilates
Saturday:
LSD ride (70mins)
Sunday:
AM: 9kms Bridge Run with Lulu!
10 comments:
I watched The World's Fastest Indian a couple of days ago and really liked it. That's an awesome quote.
Don't worry the nbr plate will soon be seen at your nearest ram raid of an atm.
My PB for saying "Owly and Ellie" fast before stuffing up is three.
nice to hear you girls having fun out there - although it always amuses me to hear you all sticking so regimentally to plans - particularly when you're out running together. I mean it's a *good* thing, but I suspect us guys tend to make things up as we go, and go with the flow of whoever's come along for the ride/run ;)
(managed to beat Tess' PB by an additional 2)
Sounds like a great Sunday morning out with the girls. Sounds like you cut it short at just the right time.
Woohooo big run - noice ;-)
A coffee always tastes great after a long run...or any run for that matter!
Sorry to hear some dead s**t stole your number plate - you're absolutely right - some people need to go for a long run!!!!
yunno this sounds like an excuse for a personalised plate!
CR001? RUN43? JENRUNS!
I vote for JENRUNS. I'm w/CJ on the coffee thing....anytime any place ...tastes great. Good running Jen!
Good luck for the 9km bridge run. With your recent cross-training, you'll be able to do the bridge climb on the way spiderwoman style.
See you at the finish.
Post a Comment