Wednesday, December 05, 2007

And so it goes....

Thank you soooo much to everyone for your lovely comments, emails and SMS' over the course of the last week - we both really treasure your sentiments. Although I must say that we were thinking about a tropical island wedding so I don't think we'll go with either the Rottnest or Sydney Marathon suggestions (thanks anyway guys!) ;-)

I had better get off cloud nine (for a little while) and get the blogging back up to date. November, as a whole, was a pretty amazing month. I find it hard to believe that the Sydney to Gong ride was only a month ago!

Oct: 10k swim + 213k bike + NFI run
Nov: 7k swim + 123k bike + NFI-but-more-than-last-month run

The totals were a bit down thanks to a mini-taper before, and recovering from, the Gong ride, getting out on the MTB instead of the roadie for my long rides & Brampton Island :-) And once again, the bike total only includes my weekend long rides - stoopid cadence sensor. Still, I have another fun & injury free month of training up my sleeve!

As for the last few days since I got back from Brampton -

Wednesday
Rest day. Had a ride planned but catching up with my mum after our little announcement took priority

Thursday
Back to work :-(
AM - PT session (60mins). Lots of lunges, set ups, split jumps, squats followed by a bit of chest & back work & stretching. Nasty. My only consolation is that he hasn't killed me (yet) so I must be getting stronger!

Friday
AM - 50mins steady ride on Betty including 5 x 1mins hills. Felt exhausted & lethargic during this session and for the rest of the day.

Saturday & Sunday
Had a run, swim, & ride planned but both days became rest days when I discovered why I was so tired on Friday - I woke up with a bad head cold, feeling utterly shattered despite having over 10 hours sleep. So I called it a 'rest weekend' and, apart from a celebratory dinner on Saturday night, spend the weekend curled up on the couch watching TV & reading.

Monday
AM - PT session (60mins) again. I was feeling a little better after my weekend of rest but still rather ordinary so my PT kindly took it easy on me - that didn't stop my legs from feeling like jelly when I walked down the stairs afterwards. It was all about the barbell during this session - lots of deadlifts, clean & presses & bent over rows followed by core work & stretching.

Tuesday
AM - 20mins walk + 12:30mins run. Things are going well.

PM - back in the pool doing laps for the first time in 2 weeks for another (scenic) 1.3k swim. I was expecting to feel a bit ordinary during this session given my length of time out of the pool but felt pretty good - well, except for the fact that my arms wanted to fall off after the PT session on Monday & ET getting stuck into my shoulders during my massage earlier in the day.

Wednesday
AM - up at 4:(freakn)20 this morning for my ride - a 50mins session on Betty with lots of grindy gears & low cadence sets. Tough but I felt surprisingly good.

Energy levels are high again after my cold & despite some early mornings & late nights this week thanks to work. Long may it continue !

6 comments:

Fe-lady said...

You have been working hard! The "split jumps" sound horrendously difficult...I probably couldn't do one if I tried! (Which is why I was never a cheer leader...thank god!) :-)

undercover brother said...

stay on cloud nine - its nice up there!
pleased to see the run time lengthening.
like the 'NFI' monthly totals :)

Gronk said...

Up at 4.20am ? *cough*

Email some of that enthusiasm will ya ?

Tesso said...

Do we get to see a pic of the bling???

Lulu said...

Yeah, where's the bling??

Many congrats to you and R, I'm very happy for you both.

I have NFI about my running distances either and that's how it's going to stay for another few weeks until I get some fitness back. Hope to see you before Chrissie.

Lulu xx

blues buffett said...

well it just goes to show I need to read posts more carefully. Mrs BB heard a loud shout when I read your previous post, and wondered WTF?
Anyway, best wishes to you and Mango. Sounds like life is great...