Thursday, December 27, 2007

Play toys

Christmas Day
Rest day - not to mention a wonderful day with my families new and old :-)

As requested, Santa kindly delivered a set of trekking poles and a Thermarest. Not your typical Christmas presents for a girl I know ;-)

Boxing Day
..became a rest day after I was awake half the night coughing up at least one & possibly both lungs.

Thursday
Back to work :-(

I almost skipped this session after a late night & early start - I caught the train to work from Shellharbour this morning after staying with R's family for a few days. But the prospect of doing my next tri on zero training since my last one forced my hand. My PT is on holidays at the moment so I headed to the gym at lunch for 15min run on the tready and strength session (40mins):

- lunges with pulses with front foot on bosu ball (6/8/10/12/10/8/6)
- 20 x single arm row
- 20 x bicep curl + shoulder press
- 20 x single leg deadlifts (with 2 x 4kg dumbbells)
- 20 x tri pushdowns
- stretching

Still coughing but getting better. Looking forward to getting back into the consistent training again.

3 comments:

Superflake said...

Poles for Kilimanjaro? Or running in the great rift valley with the Kenyans. Hope you had a good Christmas.

Ellie80 said...

cool presents!!! merry christmas Jen - hope you had a fabulous day :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you did pretty well for Crimble pressies!

Nepean is sorta my ultimate Tri goal for next year - I plan on a few mini's and sprints as testers in the meantime, but not sure when yet as I've still a long way to go with my training :-)