More of the same as last week's recovery week ended & the training kicked in again this week.
Friday
AM - 30mins spin at 90 RPMs on Betty in front of the telly
Saturday
AM - 60mins walk (6.55k). Yes, a walk! I must admit that at about the 35mins mark, I started thinking about how much I was looking forward to getting stuck into the training again next week!
Sunday
Rest day :-(
I had 60mins ride on the program but it didn't happen. After a late night, I decided to stay in bed, have a lazy morning & ride in the afternoon. Wrong decision. We had not one or two thunderstorms but 5 hours of thunderstorms. It was incredible - I've never seen, or heard, a storm like that before. Hail, wind & huge amounts of rain, some of which decided to come under the front door meant that the day wasn't too boring ;-)
Monday
PM - I had to cancel my PT session due to work so I took myself off to the gym for a 45mins strength session after work:
- 5mins bike w/u
- lunges with 'pulses' on a ladder 6/8/10/12/10/8/6 - these still hurt
- 3 x supersets of bicep curls & (assisted) chin-ups (normal, alternate grip & rockclimbing)
- 2 sets of 14 single leg deadlifts (6kg)
- 2 sets of reverse flyes
- 20 x twisting oblique thingy with 3kg medicine ball
- 50 crunches
- stretching.
Tuesday
AM - 20mins walk + 20mins run (3.2k) - my longest run in over 6 months. Felt pretty good too. Happy days
PM - massage at lunch then back to the pool for a scenic 1.3k swim including 12 x50m firm efforts. Much to my surprise, they were remarkably consistent - only 3sec separated the slowest & fastest!
MTD: 3.75k S + 21.5k* B + 9.6k R (LOL)
* long rides + races only
5 comments:
A 60 minute walk sounds like secret 6' training ;)
I agree with your sentiments about Sir Ed. Imagine climbing Everest with the gear they had in the 50s!
I reckon of the best things about training in the morning it doesn't matter what the weather is like in the arvo, you have done your bit.
By the way, the walking is a good idea. I did 30 mins the other day (mainly because I wanted to listen to some new music on my iPod). But I enjoyed it so much I might try to incorporate more of it in to my weekly pgm.
Anyway, keep up the good work!
Good work Jen, keep it up.
When are those 2008 goals coming out? Or did I miss them?
Thanks so much Jen for the comment you left on my blog the other day. Its so nice to have people that believe in me out there.
Dont think I've spoken to you in a while, CONGRATULATIONS!! on the engagement. We will definately have to catch up later.
Wow...how do you workout after a massage? I am like spaghetti.
The five hours of thunderstorms sound cozy-except for the rain coming in under the door part!
(Walking is harder than running I think! Sometimes!)
Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment