Much to my surprise, my butt was soooo sore after Monday's weight session. I intended to take it a bit easier given that it's a recovery week. Apparently I didn't!
Tuesday
AM - a short, tough run on a really humid run. 20mins walk + 15mins run (2.4k).
PM - a scenic & easy 1.5k swim after work.
Wednesday
Rest day :-)
Thursday
AM - another short, tough slog on another humid morning. A scenic 20mins walk + 15min run (2.1k). Super duper slow. Maybe my running partner was slowing me down? ;-) God knows how I'll manage to run 25mins next week...
PM - Headed to the gym after work for 45mins strength session after having had to cancel my appointment with my PT at lunch due to work -
- 5mins bike w/u
- 2 x supersets (?) of:
(a) 12 x push-ups (toes)
(b) single arm reverse fly (12, 15) (3kg)
(c) single arm lying tri extension (12, 15) (4kg)
- superset of:
(a) lunges with pulses with front foot on bosu (6/8/10/12/19/8/6);
(b) single leg deadlifts (6kg),
doing both sets on the left leg first then again on the right
- 20 x oblique twisting thingys - technical name (5kg m/ball)
- 20 x seated row (15kg?)
- 20 x bicep curls (5kg)
- 20 x lat pulldown (25kg) (would have been seated row but it was in use)
- 20 x bicep curls (6kg)
- 20 x oblique twisting thingys (5kg m/ball)
- stretching.
And that brings January, otherwise known as the month of rest and restoration, to a close. After suffering from 2 colds in December, Coach TA suggested that I take it a bit easier this month to help get my health back on track. So I've had two recovery weeks and a rest day every week (which I haven't had previously). While the totals for the month are down (deliberately), I'm certainly feeling better for it.
January: S - 8.65k / B - 71.32k* / R - 26.6k
*long rides & races only
Highlights include not 1 but 2 races (very unusual for me!), actually feeling comfortable during, and getting a big confidence boost from, my first open water swim and doing more running than I have for the last 7 months! As for lowlights, once again - zero, zip, nada. Another great month :-)
I didn't mention it previously but last week I signed up to do the Enticer event at the (somewhat unfortunately named) Trishave All Women's triathlon being held at the Regatta Centre this Sunday. It wasn't an event on my radar - particularly given its cost in light of what I pay to do a club race on the same course - but when Coach TA stated (surrounded by lots of witnesses) that she would do the Sprint if I did the Enticer, how could I resist? After all, how often do you get to inflict some pain on your coach? ;-P
3 comments:
Oh dear, you have well and truly gone to the (tri) dark side!
inflicting pain on your coach is so cool!
and yeah what tesso said :)
So good to see you have nothing to complain about :) Must catch up soon. I might try and organise a CR girls night this week as Steve is away. I'll send an email.
Post a Comment