We've just landed a massive deal at work which is going to keep me extremely busy over the next 3 months. For a start I have a weekly teleconference at 8pm on Wednesday nights that I need to be in the office for :-( I've already had to start swapping sessions around & will be spending at least one & sometimes a few school nights each week camped out at various friend's places (who live closer to the city than I) over the next couple of months. It's gunna be interesting...
Monday
PM - 60mins strength session with the PT which actually turned into about 45mins of training & 15mins of talking. I haven't seen the PT since before the Aquathon last weekend so I filled him in on both my races, how I pulled up from Sunday's race, the way forward for my training in light of a few goals I've been discussing with him & some tightness that has been creeping into my back & ITBs in recent weeks.
- 10mins bike w/u
- 10 x front squats with barbell (weight?) on a count of 4 - ie. down for a count of 4, holding for 4 & then up for 4. Let me tell you, he counts to 4 very slowly!
- 20 x single leg deadlifts + single arm upright row + shoulder press (5kg DB)
- hammy & back stretching
- alternate arms & legs whatever-it-is-called again on a 4 count
- 10 x front squats with barbell (4 count)
- 15 x single leg deadlifts with s/ball + upright row + shoulder press (5kg DB)
- plank (2mins)
- more stretching
Tuesday
AM - 20mins walk + easy 20mins run (3.05k) to stretch my legs out after Sunday's race. Took a while to get my legs moving this morning. Finished with 30min stretching.
Wednesday
AM - torture session in Tiger's House of Pain - ie. a massage.
PM - took the opportunity that the 8pm teleconference now presents to duck out of the office at about 4pm & head to Cook & Philip Park for (Tuesday's rescheduled) 1.4k swim. I felt a bit unco in the water. One of those days I guess. Thanks so much to the delightful Lulu who kindly allowed me to stay at Chez Lulu a couple of nights this week - thanks lovely !
Thursday
AM - when at home, I'm normally back from a run & stretching by 5.30am. But today instead I was able to get up at 5.30am, which felt absolutely decadent, to head down to Centennial Park with Lulu for my first 25min run (3.9k). It was such a treasure and absolute treat to be running in the daylight on a school day in beautiful Centennial Park! I could get used to it :-)
My day finished equally well with a wonderful, albeit crunchy, dinner with Lulu, Owly & Ellie (*waves*) - you girls rock :-)
Friday
PM - ok, I confess. Today was supposed to be a rest day. But I'd missed two sessions already this week thanks to work sooooo I took myself off to the gym at lunch for a 45mins weights session. Naughty I know but I got to sleep in until 6.30am this morning (woohoooo!) so I did get some extra rest :-)
- 5mins bike w/u
- lunges + 6kg with pulses - 6/8/10/12/10/8/6
- 15 x swiss ball bent-knee hip extensions (c/- R4YL)
- lunges with front foot on bosu with pulses - 6/8/10/12/10/8/6
- 15 x swiss ball bent-knee hip extensions
- 20 x oblique twisting thingys (3kg MB)
- 15 x push ups (toes)
- 15 x single arm tricep extensions (3kg DBs)
- 12 x push ups (toes)
- 8 x tricep extensions (3kg DBs)
- 20 x assisted chin ups
- 20 x alternate bicep curls (6kg DBs)
- 20 x single arm standing row (11.25k on cable machine)
- 15 x side raises (3kg DBs)
- 20 x oblique twisting thingys (5kg MB)
15mins stretching.
I had to laugh while doing this session as I thought of something Lulu & I agreed on earlier in the morning - I'm probably stronger & fitter now than I was when I did Six Foot last year :-)
Saturday
AM - after a nice big sleep-in I headed out for another 25mins run (4k - woohoo!) on a slightly cool, windy & overcast morning. My butt is sooo sore after yesterday's weight session so I thought it was going to be a real struggle but I felt really comfortable. After talking with Lulu during the week, I really concentrated on my cadence & clawback, keeping my feet turning over quickly. I certainly felt like I was moving more easily. Something else to work on.
PM - off for a swim later this afternoon.
Edit: 1.6k swim this afternoon which included lots of short, sharp efforts. Feeling the effects of not having a rest day this week now....Unfortunately no sleep-in for me tomorrow as we are leaving at 5am (OMG) to head down to Kurnell to watch R & (Coach) TigerAngel in the sprint triathlon. Man, I hope there is a coffee cart !
MTD: S 3.25k + B 10k + R 13.45k
2 comments:
Stronger and fitter eh? There's still time to enter :) I'll put a six-pack on you to beat 2P.
Jen, you must be the best manager of time I know! I was going to ask if you ever watch TV but then I remembered you do ... while you are on the windtrainer.
Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment