Thursday, February 21, 2008

Negative ghostrider. The pattern is full.

That pretty much sums up my week - in a vague and somewhat obscure kind of way.

Tuesday
AM - 46mins ride on the trainer this morning including 2 x 10min AT while watching a doco on Everest :-)

I had a crap nights sleep and almost pulled the pin on this session when my alarm went off at 4.30am. But that would have meant that I'd missed 2 of my 3 mid-week rides during my current training block between recovery weeks. So I got up. But surprisingly despite being really tired, I actually enjoyed this session. Weird I know. I think having fresh legs (after not doing a strength session yesterday) made a world of difference

Left work late so no swim.

Wednesday
PM - 1.6k swim at Cook & Phillip park mid-afternoon. Felt pretty good in the water today which was a nice surprise.

Thanks to my 8pm teleconference call at work, I had the pleasure of staying at Ellie & Vurt's palatial home. Thanks for your wonderful hospitality guys! Unfortunately I had another crap nights sleep as I was unable to turn my brain off. Stoopid work.

Thursday
AM - easy & scenic 30mins run (4.51k) with Ellie around around Centennial Park including a half lap of the lake which I've never done before. Bewdiful :-) It was a bit slower than normal for both of us but we decided it was because we weren't used to talking while maintaining our good form! Clearly we need some practice - at talking ;-) Thanks lovely - it was sooo nice to run with you again.

AAM - massage

No strength session (again) today. Grrrr.

MTD: S - 8.35k + B - 71.3k* + R - 36.14k

* long rides + races only

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for staying - i enjoyed it immensely - you are definintely on for next week!

Comm's said...

What a great title.

In response, "Sorry Goose but its time to buzz the tower."