Thursday, March 06, 2008

From little things, big things grow..

Portrunr, I was planning to be at the start of Six Foot but unfortunately I've since realised that I won't have the time to watch the start, get home, do my 2 training sessions, get organised & then get to the wedding - which is in the city - on time. Given that I'm not doing the race so that I can attend the wedding, I can hardly justify being late for the wedding because I was watching the race! Well, I could try but I'm certain the argument won't fly with the bride... Still, good luck to all my friends and bloggers doing Six Foot. My thoughts will be with you & my mobile on silent so anyone who can update me (I know reception is crap at Caves House), please do !

Monday
AM - 60mins PT session. Ran through a weights program he has developed for me to do for my second session each week:
- 5mins w/u
- 40 x walking lunges + bicep curl + shoulder press (4kg DBs)
- 20 x 'row' which is actually something resembling a kayaker's movement designed to get some movement through my hips
- 20 x single arm row (9kg DBs)
- 15 x woodchops on the cable machine
- plank
- stretching.

I'm supposed to repeat that circuit 2-3 times. Yikes.

Tuesday
AM - 30mins run (4.71k) around the hood. Rather nippy at 4.30am. Very slow to start with - I think the first km was 7min pace but I slowly picked up the pace, finishing with an average of 6:24m/k. Legs were feeling a bit fatigued after yesterday's strength session.
PM - massage

Wednesday
AM - Alarm went off at 4.20am this morning (ouch) for my 50mins bike session on the trainer in front of the telly which included 4 x 6mins efforts. Ouchy.

PM - ducked out of work just after 3pm for my 1.8k swim. OMG. Either TA is trying to drown me, make my legs fall off or make my stronger. Session included a total of 200m kicking (sans flippers) - did I mention I'm a crap kicker? - and 12 x 25m sprints. Coming after the mornings bike session, it was very tough indeed.

Throw in an 8pm teleconference at work and it made for a very long day.

Thursday
AM - the now standard Thursday morning run at Centennial Park with Ellie but luckily this time we were joined by the lovely Lulu. My first 40mins run (5.84k) in over 8 months! Very slow going as we decided to do a lap around the outside of the park which is incredibly dark in places - not to mention some of the street lights on the eastern side of the park were not working! Thankfully there are no rolled/injured ankles to report. Followed by breakfast with Ellie, Lulu and Ben to celebrate Miss E's birthday yesterday (happy birthday gorgeous!)

PM - 5mins ride w/u + 5mins preliminary stretches for back & hammies before a 30mins strength session (as per Monday's session except the single arm row increased to 10kg) + 20mins stretches after the session.

MTD: S - 1.8k + B - 27.55k + R - 14.59k

* long rides & races only

3 comments:

Tesso said...

Longest run in 8 months - excellent!

It must be soooooo dark at 4:30am down there. Bet you can't wait for daylight saving to end.

Samurai Running said...

Shame about missing the start of 6ft. It's tough balancing all that goes on isn't it? but you usually seem to do a good job at it.

As 6ft falls at a time I have holidays I'm going to look at it as a possibility for next year.

Will you be going?

Lulu said...

It was lovely to run with you girls and look forward to the next one!