Bro, I was thinking the same thing on Sunday. I am planning to get stuck into my triathlon training when I get back from Argentina next year, with the goal of doing an IM in a couple of years. But on Sunday I was thinking why on earth would I want to do an IM and do all my training on roads when I can play in places like that :-)
One thing I do need to do is sit down & work out my nutritional requirements for my long hikes. I feel like I need to take in much more than I've ever done on a long trail run or ride. According to one calculator I found, last Sunday's long hike burnt something in the order of 915-975 calories. I took in 1/2 - 3/4 of a PowerBar double latte gel which made me gag it was so disgusted + 1/2 x protein bar when I got back to the car. Not nearly enough I suspect...
Monday
Rest day. Calves are a bit tight after Sunday's fun.
Tuesday
AM - 50min run incl. 3 x 2min pickups - 7.27k. 6:53m/k. Av. 145BPM
Stepped out the door at 4.25am on the coldest morning yet by far. But I was rewarded by a very clear, still sky; the stars were so clear & bright. Bewdiful :-)
I really enjoyed this session. Easy 22min run keeping my HR under 147, pickups with 1min recovery & run home again trying to keep HR under 147. Nice.
Wednesday
AM - easy 45mins spin on the trainer - av.BPM 120
Tired today. Had a work function last night so didn't get home until 9.30pm, eat dinner until 10pm or crawl into bed until 11pm. Probably should have skipped this session in lieu of extra sleep.
Thursday
Skipped my 30mins run after another 11pm bedtime.
AM - 60mins strength session with PT -
- 5mins ride w/u
- dead lifts: 20kg x 20 reps / 30kg x 15 / 40kg x 10 / 50kg x 8 / 60kg x 8 / 60kg x 8
- front squats: 20kg x 20 reps / 30kg x 12 / 30kg x 12
- bent over row: 20kg x 20 reps / 30kg x 12 / 30kg x 12
- stretching
Wanted to crawl up under my desk & have a nap after this session.
I really can't believe it's May already. April brought a massive change to my training program. Running & triathlons as the focus went out the window & in came the sole focus of getting me as fit & strong as possible to climb big hills with big packs.
Jan: S - 8.65k + B - 71.32k + R - 26.6k
Feb: S - 10.9k + B - 114k + R - 49.2k
Mar: S - 8.75k + B - 101.88k + R - 68.19k
Apr: S - 0k + B - 1.3k + R - 50.1k + H - 45.4k with >10kg
It's been another great month of training. The change to the training has brought a few tight spots, principally in my glutes & calves but I've got no niggles & I'm feeling strong - albeit a wee bit tired this week.
Rest day tomorrow before heading up to One Mile Beach after work for the Club Champs race on Saturday. Mouse & NTR have kindly offered us accommodation for the weekend (thanks guys!). Looking forward to a fun and (for me) a training & cheering packed weekend.
4 comments:
How can you run at 4:25am in Penrith when it is cold - it is just wrong.
Do you wear your HRM when hiking? My theory is that your HR wouldn't be as high as it is when running (generally), which casuse more fat burning, which I think makes you hungry. *shrug* just a theory.
Have fun on the weekend.
as tim has pointed out its ok to train for an IM just so long as you admit that running on road is bad and youre doing it just to annoy the tri people and show them that you can do it all! (sorry mango).
by the looks of your training you must have quite the 6 pack now.
I have no advice about anything. I got nothing.
Oh, there is a nice Thai Restaurant in Anna Bay. There ya go, I've got something !
Have a great weekend Jen. :)
I thought I was doing well deadlifting 45kgs.. clearly I know nothing :)
Sounds like you're having fun, except you're working too hard. Have to organise that girls dinner soon.
Post a Comment