Sunday, June 01, 2008

O.M.G

What a weekend. I am one tired & sore gal today.

Saturday I had a 3.5hr hike - with 18kg - on the cards. Can I just say that 18kg is really fn heavy? R decided to keep me company so we headed for the spectacular Blue Gum Forest in the Gross Valley. Starting from Perry's Lookdown (not lookout) we stepped our way down the side of the escarpment to the valley floor below. O.M.G. Absolutely spectacular but bloody hard work.




Half way down the escarpment my legs were already wobbly. After an hour we were close to the valley floor & turned around to head back up, significantly overestimating how long it would take us to get back up to the top. We were back at the car at the 2:25 mark so we decided to make up the extra time by doing another 20mins out & back down the escarpment again. What a decision! The first time up the escarpment, I was moving well & telling R that I was having one of those days when you realise you are fitter than you thought you were. The second time up the escarpment, I wasn't saying anything. I just crawled, starting to question my fitness & strength & wondering how on earth I'm going to carry 18kg for 3 days next weekend. Very slowly is the only answer I can come up with to that question.


Finished with 4.07k in 3:10:




Afterwards we headed into Blackheath for a fantastic lunch & coffee. Then on the way home we stopped in so I could show R my spiritual home, the Six Foot Track :-) We walked down the technical section & started walking - slowly - down the stairs. Ouch. I'd never actually taken in the amazing view from the lookout which was a nice change. Looking forward to getting out on the track on 12 foot day :-)


Then today we meet up at Prestons with some of the guys from Transitions for a group ride along the M7. There is no way I would have done my scheduled session of 2 hours had it not been for committing to this. Yesterdays session left me with a bit of DOMS and lot of fatigue. Still, it was nice to roll along chatting to various people - so much so that I ended up doing 56.94k in 2:38. Slow but there was no way I could have gone any faster.



Finished with a quick coffee & chat at Maccas before heading home for some food and nana nap :-)

MTD: B - 56.97k

2 comments:

Tesso said...

18kg!!! My cousin and his wife just left for 3 months travelling in Asia and Europe and their bags only weighed 16kgs (and that was with bottles of wine in them that they are dropping off at their first stop!).

Anonymous said...

Ok you so need a Sherpa.