Sunday, January 24, 2010

Why?

I was thinking to myself "Why on earth do we do this to ourselves?" both when I was lying in bed on Saturday night & again as soon as I opened my eyes this morning. I suppose the answer to that question is that we, the 'weekend warriors' of the world who try to find the athlete we know, or suspect, or hope is lurking inside us, understand that the comfort zone isn't actually all that comfortable. However a few times during today's race I thought to myself that perhaps it might be 'tolerably comfortable'.

Other than to say I finished my swim & bike legs without drowning, falling off the bike or spending time in the penalty box, I'm not in the mood to write a race report. To be honest I'm struggling to pull any lessons or highlights (other than getting a kiss from hubby at changeover & Team Mango having the biggest, and loudest, cheer squad) from today's race. So I will simply say to Ruth, CJ & Ewen (*waves*) thank you soooo much for making the effort to come down to the race both on Saturday & Sunday to see us & for the (loud) cheering. I really appreciate it & it was lovely to catch up with you as always. Thanks also to Sue & Bruce for everything - including for not delivering the slap across the head I know both of you wanted to deliver ;-P

3 comments:

TA and the Gnome said...

Ummm... What was the slap for? Riding a super smooth 40k, or beating Susie in the swim???

Nah. Think I'll save my slaps for some time they're needed... :-)

Bruce

Ewen said...

It was a pleasure to be there and cheer - for both Mini-M (great run leg!) Saturday and the team Sunday. Glad I was there to see the bike/run transition. Next time I'll have the camera ready ;)

strewth said...

I agree with Ewen - fantastic fun and lovely to meet your extended family and friends. You should all be very proud of what you have achieved and are still achieving. And I have to say that kiss in transition was a huge highlight and very special. You guys are all stars in my opinion. Can't wait to cheer you at the next Canberra triathlon! :) xx