Monday, February 15, 2010

Blog-versary

Gnome - between you & me, I don't like your chances ;-)

After posting yesterday, I realised that today is - much to my surprise - this blog's 5th birthday. The only time I keep a diary is when I travel. Otherwise even as a kid, I never kept a diary. I vaguely remember deciding to keep a diary as a kid. But I suspect the intention to do so lasted no more than an hour or two.

Soooo much has happened in the last 5 years - new relationships, ending relationships, death, moving house, injuries (!), travelling (lots!), most recently marriage :-D, and always physical activity/training of one sort or another. I find it amusing to think that this blog was set up purely to chronicle my running - haha. Like life, this blog has not turned out the way I planned. It has covered some of the darkest days as well as the brightest and I am very pleased that I have kept it come rain, hail or shine.

The last 5 years have been one heck of a ride. I'm looking forward to finding out what the next 5 will bring... :-D

3 comments:

Superflake said...

Just a running life with some social aspects thrown in. A good read for the last 5 years Jen.

Cirque said...

It's sure as hell never been boring! Looking forward to seeing where we both are after the next five.

:)

TA and the Gnome said...

Happy Blogversary :)