Well although it wasn’t intended at the start of the week, my training for the week certainly looks like an off-season. Several unplanned rest days due to a combination of fatigue earlier in the week, logistical problems due to having one car between us at the moment & work becoming feral meant that the only training I did this week was:
- pilates everyday except Friday;
- a 60min ride out & back along Greendale Road. That road is even more dead than I remember. Perfect training ground :-) 21.8k. Av 23.1k/h.
Yep, that’s it :-)
What a way to end the month. It’s been a rather strange month; my birthday, 2 x mini-recovery / taper weeks due to races (one of which was a weather-related DNS), my best tri race so far and this rather abrupt start to my off-season. As you would expect in these circumstances, Feb's totals were down:
Swim – 16.5k
Bike - 196.2k
March will see a sans-program month; my first such month in about 2 years. My only goal is to maintain my weight. I'm already carrying a touch more weight than I am comfortable with so the goal is not to gain any more with the reduced training load over the next month. For some accountability, it’s at 62.7kg right now :-O I'll be spending the month training as I feel like it rather than as my program dictates :-)
2 comments:
62.7! You're almost as heavy as Ruth ;)
Enjoy off-season. Not sure I've ever had one of those!
hAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
Post a Comment