Thursday, February 18, 2010

Ready to rock & roll...

Ewen, I have absolutely no doubt that Lucky Legs could whip my ar$e!

T'was 2 nights before my last race of the season & I'm already packed, ready to go to Huski & (to my surprise!) looking forward to the race & the weekend away - not to mention the off-season!

Mon: 30mins pilates before work. Then 3.2k at swim squad. Lots of 50s & 100s tonight. I must say I'm looking forward to the off-season (7 days & counting) as I have noticed a few dodgy things creeping into my stroke due to high volume & low number of drills recently. My right shoulder is also feeling slightly grumpy. I never thought I'd say this but - bring on the drills!

Tue: Pilates, otherwise rest.

Wed: I was due to go to Pilates w/Carly but scored a last minute call-up to Easy Tiger's lair for a massage; my first in about 10 months! Ouchy. Later about 6pm I headed out for a 60min ride along the Northern Road which included 4 x 90s firm efforts which also happened to be into a head wind. 3min negative split on the return journey thanks to the tail wind. Nice :-) Gosh, I lurve riding. 24.7k/h. Av.25k/h. 15min pilates in the front of the telly later in the evening.

Thu: 30mins pilates before work. Then 1.7km swim at lunch with 3 x 300m at race pace (6.05, 5.57, 5.58). All systems are ready for launch :-)

R & I are off to Huski at lunchtime tomorrow. I'm racing the sprint on Saturday morning with Brother Mango doing the run leg. R will be racing the long course event on Sunday morning while I enjoy a (coffee) date. Should be lots of great racing on this weekend to watch - can't wait!

MTD:
Swim - 15.75km
Bike - 154.4km

1 comment:

Ewen said...

:) about the LLs comment. Hope you're enjoying a great weekend (no swim legs in the transition area). Go R in the long course!

We found another good coffee place this morning in the Campbell shops :)