Thursday, February 24, 2005

Fat, flat, tired and sore....

Feeling very fat, flat, tired and sore today.

Day started with a doctor's appointment to go through the results of my ultrasound. I won't know anything more until I see the specialist next month....

My legs - and hammies - in particular are very sore today. I suspect yesterday's massage did more harm than good. I'm not sure why; my body normally responds very well to massage or acupuncture and I made sure that I warmed up and cooled down properly after Tuesday's intervals (well, I thought I did)...

NRG tonight: I arrived a little earlier so I could warm up and decide whether to pull the pin on the session or not. My legs were feeling good until we hit the downhills. That was followed by an intervals session, then a trail run home. My legs were exhausted and very sore by the time I got home.

I was/am exhausted. O Runner reminded me of the 10% rule today. After having a look at my training diary this evening, I've realised that I've been building my running for 5 weeks now - and in the last 2 weeks I've gone from running for 30 mins for the first time to running 8kms last week. Yikes. I need a rest week. I'd like to be back to 100% for next Thursday's NRG session so the plan for the next week is:

Friday - session with Satan (no obstacle course for this girl however)
Sat - easy walk (1 hour)
Sun - short run (maybe 3-4kms)
Mon - light weights session
Tues - short run again
Wed - off
Thurs - back to full strength.

Now I just have to eat and sleep properly over the next week...oh, and stay of the chatroom late at night so I can get some sleep !

No comments: