Just re-read Thursday nights post - such a drama queen...
Friday 25 February - 2.30pm session with Satan
A girlfriend (who ran GC last year) and I decided today to head up the mountains next month to watch and cheer at the 6ft track. Can't wait, I'm really looking forward to it.
Satan had another legs based session complete with an obstacle-course lined up for me. I pleaded soreness, took a raincheck on it and ended up doing a tough upper body weights session instead, with abs and stretches for my poor legs to end. I was surprised this morning - my legs were not as sore as I expected them to be.
Saturday 26 February - 7am walking the Riff.
An hour long walk this morning around the Riff. Easy, flat course, slow pace followed by half an hour of stretching. Nice and easy.
Sunday 27 February - 7am. 4km easy run at the Regatta Centre.
It was quite cool this morning - a nice change from the humidity of late. I took it very slowly - I didn't even turn my watch on ! The muscle next to my right shin (hereinafter referred to as "right shin muscle") felt extremely tight for the first couple of kms. I stopped a couple of times to give it, and my calves, a stretch. Eventually it seemed to relax, or warm up, by the 3k mark. Will ice it this afternoon just in case. It's strange, unusual and nice to now be able to run without feeling like dying at the end. Yippee - and I've now changed the name of my blog to celebrate that fact !
2 comments:
Yes, I'm with beaniebum - Jen_races. Seeing yourself as a 'runner' is fantastic! You *are* a runner. That was a good set of 100m repeats (or 80 or whatever)!
I always think 20 seconds per 100m is plenty fast enough for most runners, after all, that is 3:20 per km pace.
Now it's just a matter of extending that speed out over longer distances but not using 'sprinting' style, using middle distance or distance running style. Don't worry about the bloody chatroom! Sleep instead - that will improve your running.
I'm so with you on how great it feels not to feel like you're going to die while running....
Keep up the good work dude! Before you know it, we'll both be chasing CR guys heels!
Post a Comment