Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Water, water everywhere

After reading the CR thread on Horrie's dehydration collapse and chatting to him last night, the lesson I learned yesterday is that I don't drink enough water. Bad I know. I actually don't think I drank water for the first 28 years of my life. Opps. I normally start the day with not 1 but 2 cups of coffee before I even start thinking about filling up my water bottle. Bad, bad, bad. So today I traded in one of my coffees for a bottle of water. Mmmm, I'm not a fan of water at the best of times, so consuming water at 7am in the morning (with no accompanying exercise) is going to take a while to get used to.

The ultrasound I had this afternoon also went some way to helping my water consumption levels for the day. Unfortunately I didn't get the all-clear I was expecting, but I won't know more until I speak with my doc and the specialist....

At least the day finished on a high - 50 mins weights session in the gym. A little longer than normal but I had to get through my long list of physio-ordered exercises. Quads, hammies and glutes circuit first (3 rotations) followed up a couple of upper body circuits (pull downs, reverse pec fly, push ups). It's nice to finally set through 3 sets of 'girlie' pushups after my shoulder problems last year. It will be a while however before the shoulder is up to trying push ups on my toes....(too bad !)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fantastic gym session, Jen! Hope all goes well after seeing your doctor. LL

Muggs said...

Drink up. Drink more water. Water will not make you rust. ;p