How long does the "runner's high" last? Because I am still smiling and still shaking my head after yesterday's run....I still can't believe it! A Half now feels like a realistic and achievable goal (but not one I'm setting my sights on it... just yet)
Last night I spent 30mins stretching before icing my shins. This morning I'm a bit tired but my shins are fine - no tenderness in my shins nor any tightness in my calves. Happy days. My quads are a bit sore and my RHS hip is a little tight and tender - but nothing that a day or two of rest won't fix.
A rest day today - might have a bubble bath tonight before doing 30mins of stretching and will walk (slowly) into work tomorrow morning to stretch my legs out a bit.
I forgot to mention last week that my number for the Blackmores 9kms arrived last week - #7237. Bring it on.
3 comments:
Actually, I think I remember posting somthing about you needing a good run at C2S to finally blow away the constraints in your shins - much like the young Forrest Gump did in attempting to escape from his tormentors and the leg braces exploded off his legs:)
Just really take it eay now though Jen - some walking would be perfect for you. It's often the *second* day after a big run when the muscle soreness and fatigue really kicks in - so don't do anything too strenuous for a while. A light spin class, a massage, a bath or a good walk would all be perfect. Don't run till after wednesday or so OK?
I'm so glad that your shins are behaving. Take care of that hip flexor - they can be tricky buggers too! And keep on smiling!!!! :)
Loved your c2s report Jen. I'm glad it was a 'good' day. Ease carefully into your sydney training and you'll be smiling again after the 9k.
TA
Post a Comment