A chilly (but clear) morning in Sydney today.
This morning I had a sleep-in....I didn't have to be at the gym for a spin class with the Satanic Spin Instructor until 7.15am! Another great & tough class (30mins) from SSI which I followed up with 20mins of stretching. Recently my legs have been feeling like lead during spin classes but not today - I felt great and was really able to push the resistance right up, particularly during the standing hill climbs. The seated hill climbs still screw me but I'll get there. I think making sure most of my heavier sessions are 24hours apart has made a real difference in my recovery times, as has the fact that I've caught up on my sleep post-TdF.
Run tomorrow before a rest day on Sunday.
5 comments:
Always good to have as much recovery as you can do if you're getting tired with sessions. I use to run Tues & Thurs mornings and Wednesday nights.. needless to say I had no speed on Thursdays. Moved my Wed run to the morning and I'm good as gold (or maybe tin or another non-precious metal!) on Thursdays now :)
Its so good to hear you're feeling great and enjoying your spin classes with the SSI - strange woman!!! Those seated hill climbs are a killer - I remember them fondly - NOT!
Yes winter was here in Melbourne too, it was a cool 2 or 3 degrees when I ran this morning!
Brrrrrrrrrrrr
Good session Jen - good luck with your run tomorrow!
I can relate to your posts about the weather. On Thursday I was thinking 'how great is this?' Whereas for the last 2 mornings, I'm thinking, 'I hope it warms up for the City 2 Surf'. Good to see the training going well. Hope it stays that way for you.
Post a Comment