Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Witchdoctor + Satan - what a day !

Off to the witchdoctor this morning for a checkup. Some needling, cracking and general witchdoctor-like behaviour later, I was on my way to work. Basically he is happy with my shins and thinks that the tightness that I've had in my calves the last few days and the ITB issue may be a side effect of my shins settling down. I've also got instructions to get 2 x 30mins massages concentrating solely on my lower legs 7 days apart before I see him again in 2 weeks...lucky that I've already got one booked in for next Tuesday !

Back to see Satan at 2pm for another upper body circuit consisting of:
* push/pull thingys on the "danger Will Robinson" machine
* push-ups
* straight arm planks
* dumbbell reverse flyes
* crunches,
repeated 3 times. It was a tough session - the push-ups after the push/pull thingy were an absolute killer. I was feeling a bit tired today - not surprisingly after a late night at dinner and an early start.

Operation 21/31 is off to a flying start. I've been chatting with Lil Elf about the Central Coast Half and Elf has very kindly offered to help me with my program (and to make sure I don't chicken out!) in exchange for keeping her accountable and motivated with her training for the event. We are also going to run together once a week during lunch. I'm really excited and looking forward to it.

I'm looking forward to my spin class with SSI on Friday. I've done very little cardio since C2S (unlike my preparation for the C2S) so I'm feeling rather anxious about the 9kms - but definitely looking forward to it nonetheless !

1 comment:

miners said...

Great to see Elly's going to help you out there Jen. Any more thoughts on which Half you might try and tackle?

btw - try and put hte hard word on elly - we want to see eflblog!