Saturday, April 15, 2006

The other flame-headed goddess...

Resuming normal programming after a busy week...

Activity: weights with Satan
Time: 10.15am
Duration: 30mins

After a rather leisurely morning I headed to the gym for a session with Satan to work off some of the chocolate I will no doubt consume today. Luckily for my waistline, she had a really tough core session planned. T'was a circuit, repeated 3 times, of:
* lunges;
* single leg supine thingy (basically laying on a bench lowering one foot to the floor at a time);
* two core exercises using a swiss ball that I can't begin to describe right now,
which I followed up with 2 sets of 2 hammy exercises (as ordered by Saint Andrew) and 30mins of stretching.

Now some of you have been speculating about my new toy - I won't keep you in suspense - here she is:



A Garmin 305. Isn't she beautiful? And she's a red-head too :-) I don't have a due date for her just yet but I'm already v. excited & starting to think for a name for her. Lulu has suggested that she should be named after a goddess and has in fact suggested that she be named after the Greek goddess Artemis (the Goddess of hunting) and I quote

"Artemis seemed to be more comfortable with the companionship of women friends. Often depicted by artists while hunting or bathing with her band of nymphs, the goddess Artemis valued her freedom and personal space and protected them with ferociousness. Indeed, those who restricted her freedom, those who tried to thwart her commitment to reaching her goals, or simply invaded her privacy, paid dearly. When the hunter Actaeon accidentally came upon Artemis while she was bathing, she turned him into a stag, whereupon his own hunting dogs attacked and tore him to pieces."

Hehehe. Up to the point that the dogs tore the poor fella to bits, I liked the sound of this gal. Perhaps I should call her Athena who was an "armed warrior goddess". The Parthenon in Athens was actually built as a shrine to honour her. Not a bad way to honour a gal. Still, I'm not convinced. I think she needs to be named after a woman (or goddess), who is strong both mentally and physically. Any suggestions?

7 comments:

Tesso said...

Noice!!!

2P said...

LOL - how about Bluey ;-)

Wobbly man said...

How about the Egyptian Goddess - Hathor

Responsible For: Music and Dancing! Also Drunkenness, Underworld, Women, Joy, Motherhood, Love, Lighthearted Pleasure, Justice

That seems to fit well for you (in some areas anyway)!

Cirque said...

How about Jen?

miners said...

she who must be obeyed

Hilda said...

I just know I want one too!!

Anonymous said...

I'll have to come back w/suggestions....just know that I am a bit jealous right now Jen!! I was in a running shoe store today asking what they were selling those for today. I have a 301 - but I know that your new goddess has a more accurate GPS.......