Monday, August 21, 2006

...big things grow

I *really* struggled to get out of bed this morning. I woke up feeling really tired and have absolutely no recollection of hitting the snooze button not once or twice but 3 times - something I NEVER do. Once I finally got my butt out of bed, I headed back to the oval (my second home!) for an easy/recovery run. The resident magpie is slowly but surely making her presence known though I haven't been, or seen anyone, swooped yet. It won't be long before I move my second home to another (magpie-free) oval a bit further from home.

I had 30mins on the plan but my left lower leg was a tad unhappy this morning. I thought of pulling the pin at 20mins but it seemed to settle down (or warm up) so I ultimately finished the session pretty comfortably. 4.28kms in 30:02mins (aver 7:01min/km).

After work it was back to the gym for another killer weights session with Satan:

* a circuit of dead-lifts, shoulder press and lying tricep extensions (sans break) with 15kg barbell (up from 12.5kgs last week) (3 sets);

* then a circuit of side leg lifts, rotator cuff moves and her favourite side oblique move (1 set).

That was a really bloody tough session. I was feeling pretty tired at work today & arrived at the gym feeling tired, flat & between you and me, slightly dreading the session. Thankfully the endorphins kicked in early during the session & I finished feeling strong & exhausted.

Then home to do continue on with some CR secretarial stuff I was working on during Saturday afternoon which I have been very lax in taking care of recently. Hopefully life will settle down now for a while - at least until my sea change kicks in (in whatever form that actually takes)...

My new wobble cushion thingy arrived today. ET suggested I use one to work on the deep muscles in my lower legs & I had, on occasion, been using the ones in the gym. But now I have my very own to add to the expanded collection of paraphernalia which is scattered across my loungeroom - the stick, rolling pin, golf ball, tennis ball, fuel belt, CR hat, bike, windtrainer. At least my loungeroom looks like it belongs to an athlete ;-)

MTD: 61.45kms

6 comments:

Lulu said...

Sounds like our bedroom floor with all the various bits of equipment!

Hope the balance cushion works for you. We found it best if you blow it up quite a lot so it's quite firm. Have fun!

Dave said...

Those darn magpies, I reckon I am developing a phobia as we head into swoop season, already I am ducking if some sort of shadow pops quickly into the peripheral vision.

miners said...

gee - your lounge room sounds much more better set-up than mine. I can never find a tennis ball when I want one :(

Hilda said...

Thanks for remembering me Jen.

The day is just coming and I feel ready for it, I will play Dancing Queen and think of Australian over mile 20,ok?

Thanks for all your words, they are bricks that build my strenght.

A huge from Dominican Rep.

Cirque said...

Do you still have any room for ....what was that stuff called again? Oh yes, that's right....furniture?

CJ said...

Sounds like my house!

You should be able to get sugar free maple syrup from Coles - its made by Queens.