I have to say that I'm feeling much better (emotionally) this week about 'stuff'. I didn't realise until this week just how much the 'open door' was weighing on me. Last week's 'door closing' seems to have lifted quite a weight off my shoulders. I'm sure I will still have 'down' days from time to time but today has been the first time that I feel like I am on the road moving forward again and am looking forward with equal parts of anticipation, excitement & terror ;-) Geez, I think I've poured out more emotional stuff in the last few weeks than I have in the last year. I have come to realise recently (amongst other things) just how much the emotional 'stuff' impacts on my training. Anyway enough emotional dribble - on with the training...
This morning, an interval session on the bike which I stole/borrowed from Strewth - thanks Strewth :-)
5mins warm up
6 x 3min hard/1:30mins recovery
5mins cool down
Total: 37mins
That's one tough session Strewth. I was dripping in sweat quite quickly. Thankfully I was able to distract myself by watching my '99 TdF DVD - turns out I was up to my fav stage - L'alpe d'Huez. Perfect interval session viewing. Thankfully the peleton (including my man Lance) were only half way up the 'hill' by the time my session ended so I can finish the stage during my next session :-)
2 comments:
I think emotions affect everyone's training. You've done such an amazing job to keep it up while you've been going through such an emotional time. Good on you. Here's to the open door!
I'm sure you're headed for more excitement than terror. On and off the track.
Post a Comment