Well, after about 7am, it was one of those days. Snowed under with work so I missed yoga at lunch. Again. And then missed the pilates class at 6pm that I planned to do to make up for missing yoga.
Before 7am, I have one word for you - AWESOME.
Headed out early for a run on a very windy morning. Given the rain in Sydney over the last few days, even the prospect of watching the boys play footy wasn't incentive enough to go & slosh around the oval which, I'm sure by now, resembles a lake. And I decided to avoid doing a lap of the 'hood. Boring. So I headed back to "my" trail ;-)
From home I headed down past the zoo & along the road to Bradleys Head where I (somehow) managed not to get blown off the headland. Then I turned right & ran along the trail towards the zoo, taking in the magnificent view of the Opera House & the Bridge with an incredibly dark & stormy sky behind it. This section was like a XC or steeplechase - through water & mud puddles & hurdling over fallen branches & trees. Then up the "hill" again, past the zoo before heading home. Sensational. For 30mins this morning, I did not see a single person. I had no niggles. I felt strong. I was flying (ok, so that was probably due to the tailwind.....). In case you missed it - SEN.SAT.ION.AL.
7.36kms in 46:02 (aver 6:15min/km)
And then I went to work ;-) TGIF.
MTD: 19.64kms
8 comments:
TGIF, yep quite a week of black and white for me.
Forget about the post 7am, the pre is all that counts.
You should run back towards Clifton Gardens along the trail to the baths and then run back up David St. That is one very long and steep hill. Makes Awaba look flat.
i'm sorry - did you say NO NIGGLES?????
see ya tomorrow morning - i will be expecting a repeat performance ;)
I'm very happy for you Jen. It is great when you have days like that. It makes all the not so great days seem worthwhile. Well done!
Wow - you've discovered the Steeple Jen!
That's one of my favourite running tracks in Sydney :)
just as well you told us you went for a run. My initial thoughts about your
"before 7am ... AWESOME"
aren't fit for printing in a family blog ;)
Sounds great Jen - trail running will do that for you ;-)
Post a Comment