Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I've been called a witch...

Monday 4 September
No recovery run today as I got home late on Sunday night from my weekend in Qld & needed a bit of sleep.

Headed to the gym after work for another killer session with Satan:

* a circuit of dead-lifts, shoulder press and lying tricep extensions (sans break) with 15kg barbell (same circuit as last week) (3 sets) - reps are slowly but surely increasing;

* then a set of single arm standing flyes;

* followed by a circuit of prone hold (elbows & toes for 60sec) & lying supine single leg extensions (2 sets).

Just about crawled home. Again. I felt much stronger this week than I did last. No doubt last week's flatness was an indiction of an impending cold.

Tuesday 5 September
I'm really struggling to get up in the morning & train at the moment. Work is pretty crazy again & this cold has taken more out of me than I expected. I woke up this morning with a sore throat & contemplated skipping my bike session - but given I've missed so many sessions over the last week, I decided to do the session but take it reasonably easy. Which I had no choice to do because my legs felt like lead after the cold & last nights deadlifts.

5mins warm up
6 x 3mins hard/1:30sec recovery
5mins cool down
Total: 37 mins

Followed by 25mins of stretching

Still watching the 99 TdF. Much better than watching the nauseating coverage on breakfast TV of Steve Irwin's death. It took me about 20mins to warm up & feel remotely human this morning but I felt better as the session progressed. Hopefully another day or two, this cold will be history & I'll be back to full strength.

7 comments:

Wobbly man said...

Nothing like a couple of neat scotches to rid yourself of a cold!

Ellie80 said...

nice work jen - but don't forget that if you are sick you may need to HAVE A REST!!!!

:) but good job anyways!

2P said...

WHat WM said ;-)

Unknown said...

who called you a witch? Did I miss something?

miners said...

... and you've been called a witch because ...?

btw - are you STILL watching that same TDF coverage?

TA and the Gnome said...

Bit too cryptic! What's this witch business??

Gnome

Hannah said...

Hee, nothing wrong with being called a witch ;) (says one) ;)