Sorry 'bout that. Busy times
Wednesday
Rest day. Was due to ride but woke with a headache so I swapped my rest days around
Thursday
AM - 60mins strength session with the PT. This was a great session & has given me a big confidence boost. My strength has increased considerably in recent weeks, woohoo!
- 5min run w/u
- 40 x alternate lunges + bicep curl (2 x 5kg)
- 20 x single leg deadlifts (using a s/ball against a wall) + single arm bicep curl + shoulder press (4kg). Ouchy. Much harder than the way I had previously been doing them.
- lunges with pulses (6/8/10/12/8/6) on each leg - each set followed by an explosive set up onto a bench
At this point, the PT gave me the option of trashing my legs further or doing chest & back. I hate push-ups so trashed legs it was!
- 20 x alternate lunges + bicep curl (2 x 5kg), trying for an explosive 'push' back to the standing position
- superset of:
(a) lunges with pulses (6/8/10/12/8/6), each set followed by an explosive set-up onto a bench;
(b) 20 slow lunges;
(c) 10 x single leg deadlifts (using a s/ball against a wall),running through the whole superset focusing on one leg & then the whole set again for the other. Super ouchy.
- stretching
There was more but I can't remember it all now...Surprisingly, I didn't have to crawl back to the office like I normally do.
Friday
AM - 45mins bike session including 3 x 5min hard efforts. Really tough on the legs after yesterday's strength session.
Saturday
AM - I must say that I really struggled to get out of bed this morning. But my (scary) goals for later this year & early next year are at the forefront of my mind at the moment so there was no way I wasn't going to do my sessions. My second 20mins run (3.2k) felt slightly easier than the first even though this was on a (slightly) undulating course. I've missed running in the rain!
After home for some food, a shower & catching up on CR, I headed off to the pool for a 1.5k swim in the rain (I had the 50m pool to myself, woohoo!) which included 3 x 200m hard efforts. Somehow I managed to keep the efforts consistent again. If only my pacing when running was so consistent!
Sunday
What a day. I was not meant to ride outdoors today
1. I was supposed to do a MTB course but got a message at 7am that it was cancelled.
2. At lunch, headed up to the park at Glenbrook again (20mins drive) for another outing on the MTB, only to discover the road in the park was closed due to the level of water over the causeway. Before anyone says it, I'm not strong enough (yet) to ride up the hill from the causeway.
3. Headed home for some lunch, put the MTB away & got out the road bike. Drove to the M7 bike path (about 20mins) from home. Arrived, got out of the car & suddenly realised that I'd forgotten my road cycling shoes. Argh. I almost laughed. Almost. But not quite
So I headed home & was tempted to abandon the session entirely but the prospect of perhaps having to chase Ellie around a tri course in two weeks was at the forefront of my mind. So I trashed myself for 75mins on the trainer instead (25k approx).
MTD: S 5.25k + B 46.5k + R 12.8k
4 comments:
Don't those days just drive you nuts! ? But atleast you still managed a good session. :)
have to say i like your (scary) goals!!
i guess the session on the trainer was 'meant to be'!
Yes Jen, it isn't easy to do all those sessions you set for yourself. "Scary" indeed. But nice to know that others aren't shirking ;)
Too funny :-) Good to see you still managed to train hard though!
Post a Comment