Thursday, January 24, 2008

Entertain the possibility

Tesso, different PT - though this one is equally deserving (perhaps even more so) of the "Satan" name ;-)

My lower back & calves were trashed after Monday's strength session. D*mn squat jumps!

Tuesday
AM - Sticking with 20mins runs again this week as I re-introduce hills. My physio will be proud - not changing two elements at the same time (ie increasing distance AND reintroducing hills). See, I'm learning :-)

Having not run on hills since July last year, I'd forgotten how much they hurt! But taking the glass-half-full view, being allowed to run them again means I'm injury free :-) 20mins (3.2k) later I got home, red faced but very happy!

PM - back to the pool for a scenic 1.5k swim. Due to work, I didn't get to the pool until 7.30pm which makes for a very late dinner (read 9pm). Not good I know. Swim was ok. Not great. Felt pretty flat, sluggish & seemed to be sitting a bit lower in the water than normal. That's ok - that was my crap swim out of the way before the weekend ;-)

Wednesday
AM - 42mins bike session on the trainer with lots of short(ish) efforts at what was supposed to be AT but didn't quite get there. Tired & dead legs. Tough morning.

PM - massage.

Thursday
AM - another 20mins run (3.1k), this time back on the flats. Slow & tired this morning.

PM - stretching. Was supposed to do a strength session tonight but I'm tired & a bit tight in my back & calves after Monday's session.

Rest day tomorrow (Friday) before the Australia Day Illawarra Aquathon (400m swim/3k run) on Saturday at Wollongong. Looking forward to the challenge of my first open water swim :-)

MTD: S - 6.75k + B - 46.5k* + R - 19.1k

*long rides & races only. Must get sensor working on my bike...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun on Saturday!

I find that week three of my cycle is my crap run and my "why am I sinking?" swim. I always feel like I'm fighting the water at this time - I can totally relate to your sitting low in the water cmment

Tesso said...

Good luck at the aquathon. And enjoy The Gong :-)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hamburglar said...

Training well Jen.

Good luck on the weekend!

Anonymous said...

All the best with the swim/run Jen !

Ewen said...

Say g'day to Aunty Jack for me.