I had a HUGE dinner last night and (of course) woke up this morning absolutely ravenous !! Love the way the body works.
I headed to the gym early this morning for a cardio session - 17mins run on the treadmill (7mins @ 6.30min/km; 10mins @ 6min/km pace) followed by 13mins on the bike (L5 @ 105RPMs) for a total of 30mins + 20 mins of stretching.
I've come to realise that my shins can flare up because (a) I've been wearing high heels too often and not stretching enough or (b) for no apparent reason. Today, it's the latter. Slight shin tenderness on my left leg so lots of ice and voltaren over the next few days. Hopefully my shin tenderness now is in lieu of any soreness on Sunday...fingers crossed.
Heading back to the gym for pilates at lunch....well, that was the plan but once again something urgent cropped up at work and I didn't make it. Grrrr. Hate it when life gets in the way.
3 comments:
*#@$ing shins!! I hope you blow some sort of cobweb-type restraint out of them for good at C2S and they finally realise that you ARE a runner, and no matter how much they whinge, that's not going to change so they finally give up and take their aches and disappear forever for you.
btw - hee hee, love the type of blog-fans you're attracting. Puts my spammers to shame ;)
Ha ha - I love it!
How many CR's does it take to change a light bulb? Just one, Jen_runs, and she'll install a ceiling fan while she's at it.
Jen - just to teach those damn shins you mean business, maybe you should try the glad wrap around the Voltaren when you go to bed.
Stay positive about Sunday, petal. You'll be fine!!!
5 days to go.... ! See you soon!
Post a Comment