Sunday, August 28, 2005

ITB update no. 2

Happy to report (again) that my knee has been fine today - no problems even when walking down stairs. Woohoo.

Apart from my physio-ordered glute exercises and stretches, today was a rest day. My calves were a bit tight after yesterday's walk around the hills near home so apart from a good stretch, I've given them a rest today and will do my calf/tibial exercises tomorrow.

So the week in review - another "eventful" week:
Weights: 3
Pilates: 1
Walk: 1
Run: 1
Days off work sick: 1.5
Witchdoctors: 1
Physios: 1

Hopefully the week ahead can be a little less "eventful":
Monday: walk to work + Satan + calf/tibial exercises
Tuesday: spin (30mins) + pilates
Wednesday: witchdoctor (for shins checkup) + Satan
Thursday: physio (ITB) - otherwise a rest day
Friday: spin (2 x 30mins)
Saturday: run (20mins) (hopefully)
Sunday: walk (45mins)

4 comments:

silverfox said...

Jen

I havent posted for a while, apologies however I have followed your c2s and 'post c2s posts' with great interest.

Your effort at c2s was inspiring, considering all the setbacks you encountered, congrats and well done!

With your ITB, pick other runners brains, there are a million and one stetches to do but invariably it will be one or two that will really hit the spot so to speak.

Look ofrward to seeing you on sep11 and be vigilant with that stretching!

Katie said...

Hey Jen
My sympathy for the ITB. I have been there and did not enjoy it!! At least you sound like your sensible and addressing the problem...i just kept running with pain BIG mistake! I found that stopping untill the pain is gone and rolling on a rolling pin was fantastic (painful!)... I then started back running with stretch breaks evry few mins, builing up until I was back runninng 30mins without pain or tightnes. Then I slowly built back up, this was all in combo with some serious strengthing exercises from the physio!
Look after yourself! You will be back on track in no time!
kit

miners said...

ooh - more good news!! Great to hear Jen (except there was no mention of weekend feasting in your post - I thought that was mandatory?)

CJ said...

Fingers crossed for Saturday's run. Otherwise you do have a pretty busy week when you factor in all that gym stuff with satan and the satanic spin instructor!