Up early this morning for the 6.40am spin class (30mins) with the Satanic Spin Instructor. SSI wasn't able to offer us the additional 15mins this morning thanks to a timetabling mistake by the 'powers that be' at the gym. Oh well - not at all fussed today. My legs felt pretty beat up after yesterday's massage (normally I'd have a rest day after a massage but my timetable this week just didn't allow for it) and I don't think my glutes have ever screamed as much as they did this morning. Fortunately it sounds like the spin classes are going back to 45mins in a couple of weeks which will be good. 30mins doesn't quite cut it (what, masochistic - me ?)
I've picked a good week to clean up my eating. We have had birthday cake in the office every day this week and not only have I not had any of it, I haven't been tempted to either. It's amazing what happens when you focus your attention on a goal. However I have a client lunch tomorrow (you know, one of those long boozy lunches which no-one really has time for) which makes eating 'cleanly' a lot more difficult...
Weights session with Satan at 2pm. My lower body got the reprieve today after Monday's session (my adductors are still sore!). Today's session consisted of a circuit of:
* straight arm lat pulldowns
* reverse flyes
* assisted chin ups
* rotator cuff moves
* straight arm plank move,
repeated 3 times. Another tough session. My RH shoulder (which I had problems with last year) is good; a few days ago I thought that I had strained/damaged/pissed off my rotator cuffs again but it seems ok today. Will make sure it gets some rest and some rotator cuff moves before seeing Satan again on Monday. I had been thinking of adding a swim to my weekly schedule but I'll give my shoulder a few weeks to settle down.
2 comments:
I always like a brave comment (... back to 45 mins ...)
Hope you're still feeling fabulous
How are your shins going Jen? Is "Mr Ice block" coming out to play much these days?
Post a Comment