Wow. What an amazing response to yesterday's post. I can't begin to thank everyone who has left a message. It really means a lot to me - thank you.
I headed to the gym this morning for a cardio session. I had planned to do a 20mins run followed by 15mins on the bike. However I decided to be cautious and instead only did a 10mins run (@ 6.30min/kms pace) followed by 25mins on the bike (10+kms). My legs were dead by the end of the session. The shins seem ok but I will continue to stretch and ice them over the next few days. As for the C2S, I will do it - after all, I've bought the t-shirt; I can't wear it if I haven't finished it!. I'll start out running, as planned, with Wobbly and Owl, but I will walk if my shins flare up (repeat Jen: walking is not a failure). I will also take myself off to see the witchdoctor next week to see if he can shed some light on my problems...
Was then back at the gym at 2pm to see Satan, this time for a killer upper body session. I could hardly lift my arms to push my glasses back up my nose by the end of the session - t'was a circuit of:
* assisted chin ups
* straight arm prone holds
* rotator cuff stuff
* bicep curls
* reverse flyes,
repeated 3 times. Really tough. My shoulder (which had a niggle or two last week) was fine.
I had planned to walk to work in the morning to stretch out my legs but, quite honestly, work has been crazy this week and I'm buggered. So a rest day Friday, a short walk on Saturday to stretch my legs (I always feel crap the day after a rest day; weird I know) and then the C2S on Sunday.
Edit: I am (almost) looking forward to the C2S now. Went to bed last night with my left shin covered in Nurofen gel and clingwrap (!) - very sexy (not) - but no tenderness on it this morning. I'm off to see the witchdoctor next Wednesday morning.
6 comments:
Heya Jen, take it easy and run/walk at your pace if need be. I read many 6-foot reports that involve walking in part. If they can do it, so can you ! Have fun and enjoy the day ! See you at the finish. :)
Cling wrap in bed! That sounds like some teenager's fumbled sexual experience from the 80's. You know, they do make these conveniently shaped and lubricated numbers that ...
Better stop there or I'll attract my blog-fans over to YOUR blog. I wouldn't want to lost them now would I?
Go Jen @ C2S!!
Jen: walking is not a failure...but you know that.
My shins will be sending positive shin thoughts to your shins on sunday morning.
Love the gel and gladwrap look! Mainly because it works!
repeat:walking is not a failure.
Take care and be happy.
xxxxx
Woo hoo! C2S here she comes!!! Walk if you need too, and don't feel bad. Remember to have fun and enjoy yourself - that's what its really about. Hope to see you there!!!! :)
Good on you Jen - looking forward to our stroll across the bridge on Sunday morn!
Post a Comment