Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Alright, THE goal for 2007....

I've kept you all hanging on for long enough now - and no Clairie, it's not to have a baby ;-)

Horrie & Bernie were close - my goal race for this year is Willy2Billy and yes, the plan is to run sub 4hr 30mins in order to qualify for Six Foot next year. So Six Foot is (and has always been) a (big scary arse) goal for 2007 but it's not THE (big scary arse) goal for 2007 that I've been talking of over the last week (and I have Tesso to thank for putting the idea in my head). Here goes (*glulp):

Glasshouse. 50kms.

And no 2P, I'm not doing the 80kms....yet ;-)

20 comments:

Dave said...

Yikes!!!

Jen, those sort of statements are supposed to be made after about 3 too many reds, or are you drinking and typing????

Seriously, it will be great to follow your progress on working towards these goals and all power to you for putting them out there.

What is that phrase Mr G likes to use......

Hilda said...

How exciting to be able to follow you Jen and see how you achieve it!

A year to go then!

Couldn't find out about the trail course, is it to high??

2P said...

Bah humbug.... who said anything about 80k? I was thinking 100k or the 100 mile would be the go for you my girl!

Six Foot is tougher than 50k Glasshouse so you need to step up ;-)

Anonymous said...

Wow - I can't wait to read about the journey!

Hannah said...

ROCK on, dude! This is so cool - we can be six foot buddies and ultra newbies together ;) *grins* this means copious amounts of bonding via whinging, moaning and complaining about all the training we're doing ;)

Yay, can't wait!

Fe-lady said...

Setting and committing to the goal is half the battle. Now get out there and train! Good for you! :-) Can't wait to hear about your training up to this race...when is it?

Gronk said...

Yikes ! Are you crazy woman ?

See you at W2B ;-)

Tesso said...

Yay Jen! Is that the one in May? You know what that means ... you can hang around in Brissie for another week and come up to the Warwick for a recovery run or five :-)

Amanda said...

That's a big goal! I assume you will be doing all the Kembla Joggers mountain running races then? The distances range from about 6km to over 20km, so they are a good buildup.

Katie said...

Wow!! That is huge. Good on you! We will be glued to your blog.

Eagle said...

The girl certainly likes a challenge but if you don't set them you will not move out of your comfort zone. With the right training the body can achieve exceptional things. We all have the mental and physical ability to do things like you have set yourself all we have to do is unlock that from within ourselves.

I am sure you will do that. Will floow the progress with interest.

Bernie G said...

Very interesting. Does this mean I will see you at Woodford to Glenbrook in June?

strewth said...

Fantastic goals Jen. I'll be reading your blogs with great interest and awe!

Superflake said...

Good one Jen. Certainly a great goal to have out there to strive for. Hope the body lets you do it. Looking forward to reading about it. I guess I might see you at Six Foot next year then.

PortRunr said...

Wow, that's awesome. From what I've read about them you've chosen some great events to aim for. Go get 'em!!

Horrie said...

Looking forward to seeing you at W2B Jen. Maybe we can get a 6 Foot Track qualifying bus moving. All aboard, all aboard yeh!

Rachel said...

Awesome goals! Good luck and thanks for the comment on my own blog:)

Don Juan said...

Very exciting.

Congratulations on today's run. you're already on the way to 6 foot.

David Criniti said...

Knew you wouldn't be able to resist the lure of the dark side!

BuckeyeRunner said...

Woo Hoo! That's a goal, baby!
Looking forward to following your progress and to your finishing this race!