Friday, April 21, 2006

A struggle...

Activity: run
Time: 5.50am
Duration: 30mins

Ha. After setting myself a new HUGE and scary goal next year, I really struggled to get out of bed this morning. Avoiding the large hills near home (there are many), I am getting pretty bored by the few reasonably flat routes near home. Anyway, I got up and ran. My knee was again feeling a little tight towards the end of the session which we haven't been able to solve yet. Thankfully it's not my ITB (woohoo!).

Off to Tiger's House of Pain & Insults this afternoon which will no doubt be fun ;-)

Edit: went to Gary's House of Healing & Health this evening for a lovely massage which my ITB, calves and hip flexors enjoyed immensely :-) "Good work Gary" !

15 comments:

Katie said...

Hey! I might see you at tigers, I am there at 2:15. Now you can't dangle something like that and not give any details.... how about a hint??? Is is something to do with trails???

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm....I hate secrets too.

Big scary goal, running, swimming, cadence sensor for bike on order....


Me thinks, triathlon.

wt

Eagle said...

Yes some mornings are just so great you wonder why people waste their time asleep but then again if they were all out there it may not be as pleasant.

On our shared Bay run(which must be close now) you could confide in with me perhaps - as they say the ball is in your court.

Tesso said...

Better to be running on the flat than not running at all Jen :-) Besides, plenty of time for hill work.

Lulu said...

I felt like that when I was confined to Queen's Park but as Tesso says, anything is better than nothing. Looks like we're all in at Tiger's place this afternoon. I'm after Kit and you're probably after me then.

Ellie80 said...

marathon des sables??? wow!!! great goal!!! hehe.

hope your day is better than earlier in the week - weddings sound v stressful.

E

Superflake said...

A Half Marathon maybe? Tigers house of pain now has an open slot.

Hilda said...

Did I miss something?
What's that goal??
Why do you want the bike thing for the garmin?mmmm

Follow the rule, don't socialize at all with them!

Horrie said...

Do I smell something like a marathon Jen? Come on, out with it. You can't leave us hanging.

PortRunr said...

Oh, you're such a goal tease!! Hope the legs are healing well.

Wobbly man said...

Come on Jen - time to go public with that lofty goal of yours!

Gronk said...

Yeah ! Whats happening with this goal thing. My money is on a tri...

Cirque said...

As Wobbly says, time to go public Jen. You can't keep your fans waiting!

Hannah said...

Come on, share the goal-love! *grins* you know I'll do my best to get it out of you at Warwick, don't you? LOL!

Six foot? *grins*

Clairie said...

New Goal = It's a baby!!!!!