20mins of stretching to start the day and then off to NRG after work. Hills were on the menu tonight (I was very glad to be coming off an easy week). Hills, I've decided, are going to be my secret weapon (thanks Wriggler !).
Our warm up run around Crows Nest, Nth Sydney and Neutral Bay felt very comfortable and easy. We then arrived at Eaton Street, Neutral Bay - a hill approximately 150m long (gradient: bloody steep). 3 times up the hill with an easy recovery jog back down again. The last rep was bloody hard. My legs were very wobbly when I got to the top (ok, they are wobbly anyway but they didn't want to work properly !) It would have been very interesting to check my heartrate at the end of the last rep - I must have maxed it. Interestingly Mr Jen pointed out this particular hill to me the other week suggesting that I should run up it - boy, did I delight in telling him about it !! Hehe
After a short walk recovery, we set off up Alfred Street, alternating a fast run with a walk recovery between the parking meters (which I think was repeated 3 times). I had a mini-stitch by the end of the last rep but was still able to run strongly. After another short walk recovery, we set off for home. Once the mini-stitch subsided, I felt really good - still running very strongly and I was able to pick up the pace on the way home.
Steve has suggested that we set our ourselves the goal of doing the Lindfield 10k on 20 March. He described it as an "undulating" course (mmmmmmm). Keeping my new motto in mind (hills are my secret weapon), I have printed the entry form. My first fun run - woohoo !!
Distance: approx 6.5kms.
3 comments:
Well done Jen!
I used to live on Eaton Street and know the hill well. Good to see you managed to get out of work in time to run.
Sounds like NRG are really making a big impact on your running.
I haven't run Lindfield but have heard it is an undulating course and from memory after looking at the map would agree!
Hills will be your secret weapon!
I found (this sounds really stupid), that in races where I want to work hard uphill I repeat to myself (in my head, not aloud) "Kill the Hills, Kill the Hills". It works for me!
Good luck for Lindfield!
Yay, Jen!!! Congrats re the 10km fun run!
I want to hear full race report details... you'll do fabulously!
Post a Comment