Tuesday, March 08, 2005

My brush with fame

My body pulled up very well after Sunday's long run and yesterday's long awaited return to yoga.

First, my brush with fame - I set out on my warm up this evening and was feeling really good (no doubt thanks to my new shoes). But then I ran past Tani Ruckle and Michael Lynch - members of, and coaches with, NRG - and by chance, I was wearing my NRG hat !!! They were talking to someone when I passed but they both gave me a nod and a smile - and boy, did I power up the hill after that encounter !!

Anyway back to the real world. An interval session was on the cards for today. However I got stuck at work, didn't set out for my run until dusk and the lights weren't on in my local oval so I decided to do a TT instead. A month ago I did an 750m TT along a street near my house. Now I admit that the course isn't the best for a TT (you have to cross a road - it's a quiet road mind you) but it's the best one I've found so far. I did it a month ago in either 3.02 or 4.02 - I'm pretty sure it was latter but I'm not going to claim it as it (unfortunately) turns out that it was the only workout I have done in the last 18 months that I haven't recorded (not at all happy Jan). Anyway tonight I did it in 2.44 so in either case it's quite an improvement. Pacing myself is so hard - I went out way too hard, died in the middle, (somehow) managed to maintain some degree of speed and form - but I could not have taken another step by the end of it....Must get out of work early enough for next weeks intervals session - it will have been 3 weeks since my last one :-(

Edit: distance today 5kms

No comments: